cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intergrating Cisco Unity with Cisco Unified Call Manager Express

khayes1984
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure my CUCME to work with my Unity 7 using VMware. i've created the VoIP dial-peer and configured the voicemail configuration under my ephone-dn 1 templete but when I go to hit the message button it will not dial to the unity server it gives me a busy signal. Any ideas why I can't connect to Unity?

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What dial peer have you configured?

What communication method is Unity configured for? SCCP? SIP?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We are using SCCP for right now. We will eventually move over to SIP here soon.

dial-peer voice 3 voip
description CUVM1
huntstop
preference 1
max-conn 4
destination-pattern 107
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.0.1.14
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw

Hi

You'll need to read the manual I think - there is a specific guide for each type of integration to each type of system. SCCP with CME is here:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucme_sccp/guide/cuintcucmeskinny030.html

You say you are using SCCP, but you have configured a SIP dial-peer; that obviously won't work. There is no need for any dial-peers with an SCCP integration.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I've tried that manual before and I don't think it worked correctly.  I'll remove that dial-peer for SIP, and try that link you gave me again, however when I tried to setup the mwi on-off it would not allow me to because it was saying something about mwi is not allowed on dn-1.

Hi

Stick with the manual; when you get to something that doesn't work post back.

Regards

Aaron

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual relationship between Logicalis and you. Internet communications are not secure and accordingly Logicalis does not accept any legal liability for the contents of this message. The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Logicalis on the above switchboard number quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. Please note that neither Logicalis nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).

Logicalis UK Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No: 3732397, Registered Office: 110 Buckingham Avenue, Slough. Berkshire, SL1 4PF

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: