Views
Helpful
Replies

RSPAN vlan config

doshinimit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having Catalyst 2960-SI PoE24 switches with image files c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE4.bin & c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin

I want to configure RSPAN vlan.

I am not getting command remote span in vlan mode with any of the image.

I am only getting an option to configure interface in monitor session 1 destination command.

Can anyone help me for the same ?

Regards,

Nimit

8 Replies 8

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am having Catalyst 2960-SI PoE24 switches with image files c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE4.bin & c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin

I want to configure RSPAN vlan.

I am not getting command remote span in vlan mode with any of the image.

I am only getting an option to configure interface in monitor session 1 destination command.

Can anyone help me for the same ?

Regards,

Nimit

Hi Nimit,

Check out the below link for step by step configuration of RSPAN on 2960 switch

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swspan.html#wp1073772

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your support.

I am also referring the same document for configuration.

But switch is not accepting perticular commands like remate span in vlan mode.

only having interface option to configure in monitor session 1 destination command but not having vlan option.

is there anything required to enable RSPAN for vlan or may be ios is not supported for it ?

Regards,

Nimit

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your support.

I am also referring the same document for configuration.

But switch is not accepting perticular commands like remate span in vlan mode.

only having interface option to configure in monitor session 1 destination command but not having vlan option.

is there anything required to enable RSPAN for vlan or may be ios is not supported for it ?

Regards,

Nimit

Hi Nimit,

under vlan mode when you configure remote- ? what is the output it is showing..

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh,

I am not even getting an option to configure remote in vlan mode.

If i will create VTP on L3, create remote span vlan on it and the same will get populate to all other switches; will it work ?

This is live setup so i cant do any R&D.

Regards,

Nimit

Hi Ganesh,

I am not even getting an option to configure remote in vlan mode.

If i will create VTP on L3, create remote span vlan on it and the same will get populate to all other switches; will it work ?

This is live setup so i cant do any R&D.

Regards,

Nimit

Hi Nimit,

No dont do anything on live setup just make implementation plan out with backout plan and do take plan change window to do the same.

HTH

Ganesh.H

Hi,

One more thing to update that switch is LAN light version.

Is RSPAN supported on LAN light ?

Regards,

Nimit

Hi,

One more thing to update that switch is LAN light version.

Is RSPAN supported on LAN light ?

Regards,

Nimit

Hi Nimit,

Following ios c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin and c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE4.bin is supported for remote span as per cisco feature navigator.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi,

Thanks for support.

As per the Cisco PPT attached it is shown that RSPAN is not supported on LAN lite.

We have also cross checked on cisco feature navigator. It shows that RSPAN supports the specified IOS. But it is only supporting for interface not for vlan.

While configuring monitor session for destination we are only getting an option to configure interface not remote SPAN.

Regards,
Nimit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card