Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1 - allow user to disable leave message option

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer with Unity Connection 7.1(3). They want users who are going on vacation to disable the recording of messages whilst they are away.

It seems that it is possible for the administrator to configure this by changing the After Greeting Call Action from Take Message to Hang Up.

I cannot see anything within PCA that would allow a user to modify this - I am missing something or is it not possible?

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

James,

I don't think that users can disable the recording option themselves but I am not 100% on that.

I would think that a viable alternative is to leverage the Alternate greeting.  The admin could modify this greeting to play the announcement and then either (a) send caller to call handler which explains that we don't want no stinkin' messages and then hang up or (b) simply hangs up. 

The other half of this equation is that user's would need to be educated that when they are going on vacation/etc. that they would need to engage the Alternate greeting, record a message, etc. 

You could make the Alternate greeting config part of the user template (for new users).  If you have existing users then you could use the Bulk Edit tool.

Since it sounds like your customer wants to make this a policy I think that the option described above should suffice.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

For many of our Users we set the under

the Alternate Greeting section (Edit). For these people they control if Messages are

accepted by what Greeting they record.

Just a thought

Cheers!

Rob

Guys,

Thanks for your answers. They confirm what appeared to be the case that control of this feature cannot be devolved to users.

I can see why this is not allowed as many users I know would turn off the Take Message function permanently if they could!

The users are used to messages being left whilst they are on vacation so I think we will need to make it an on request feature rather than changing the template.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: