Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM Configuring Agent PG's 4.3.1

Hello,

I am attempting to configure Email Interaction Manager to connect to two different Agent PG's. I have run the auto configuration after installation, and under my listener tab in they system console, I can see both agent PG's configured under my agent partition. I can start either PG (both agent PG's are duplexed), but when I attempt to start the two fo them I get an error 'Total count of instances has reached its maximum value'. I then went into the System  / Shared Resources / Instances section and increased the Maximum number of instances to '10' but still no luck.

Has anyone been able to get their EIM to talk to two seperate Agent PG's?

Thanks!

Barry

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Barry

Nope, I haven't done that. I will have three Agent PGs (two separate CUCM clusters, one with 1 JTAPI user and one with2 JTAPI users) and am putting in three EIM clusters. I have two PGs now and two EIM clusters, but will have another for Asia-PAC.

Given the number of agents a PG can support (1000 CAD) and the number of agents a full EIM 8-box cluster can support (600) I am surprised you have come this way.

Why can't you have separate EIMs?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

We have this configuration because we are multi-instance on one PG running CTIOS, and the other is running CAD. Total agents requiring EIM on CTIOS is 10, and 50 on CAD.

Thanks!

Barry

Barry,

CTIOS and CAD agents can coexist, although Cisco don't permit it when the product is sold.

Let me know the numbers please: PG1A/B (CTIOS) has x agents; PG2A/B (CAD) has y agents.

Regards,

Geoff

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I am attempting to configure Email Interaction Manager to connect to two different Agent PG's.

Has anyone been able to get their EIM to talk to two seperate Agent PG's?

I heard today that 4.3(2) supports this - actually both strategies. More than 1 PG integrated to a single EIM, which is what you are looking for; and 1 PG integrated to more than 1 EIM to deal with the 600 agent limit.

Regards,

Geoff

v4.3(2) is out. Anyone tried it?

Thanks!

-JT-

Haven't tried it yet, just downloading now.

Looks like there are a lot of fixes in here! The surprising one was the 'Support for Multiple Agent Peripheral Gateways'.... I had this working on 4.3.1 (with TAC help), but this could explain why I was having failover issues.

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: