cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Swap size when insalling LMS 3.2

yawena2005
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to install LMS 3.2 on win server 2003 which has 4gig RAM on a 160gig harddrive.

The Swap is set to 9 gig but this seems little under installation. The system says it is 4gig of Swap which will cause poor performance.

Any tips and suggestion will be appreciated.

Yawena.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly how do you have swap configured?  Post a screenshot of your System control panel showing swap configuration.  My guess is that you are probably fine.  I typically do a minimum of 4096 MB with a max of 8192 MB, and this is fine for a server with 4 GB of physical RAM.

Exactlly, how did I do that? Actually I did not do anything, but saw one of the HD named "Swap" with the size of 9gig. My mistake.

Then found out that the max virtual mem was set to 4096. Changed that according to your suggestion. The installation went well without error.

Am on the next step now, I think I have to wait a bit because after installation, booted the server and and logged on the browser and got some DCR and cmfDbmonitor issue in CS. May be have to restart the processors.

Thanks Joe!

The problem with DCRServer and CmfDbMonitor could be related to service configuration, or a corrupt CMF database.  IF a server reboot didn't help, start a new thread with the output of the pdshow command from the server.

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the reply again!

I have to clean up the installation and run a new one. The last error has disappeared including DCR and JRM.

But when i run a discovery, LMS 3.2 only discovers 135 devices and stops there. We actually have hundreds of switches. All of these switches were discovered on an old server with LMS 2.6. I will appreciate any tips.

Greetings

Yawena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: