Views
Helpful
Replies

G.SHDSL link is flapping

gaboughanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have installed a 2911 router (15.0 IOS) with a G.HSDSL module. i have configured a controller and an ATM interface with specific parameters.

!

controller SHDSL 0/0/0

dsl-group 0 pairs  0

shdsl annex A

shdsl rate auto

interface ATM0/0/0

no ip address

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

no atm ilmi-keepalive

!

!

interface ATM0/0/0.1 point-to-point

description ADSL OGERO

mtu 1500

bandwidth 1000

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x.

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp

atm route-bridged ip

crypto map DSL

pvc 0/35

the problem is that the connection stays up up for 2 or 3 days then it goes down for few minutes. i don't know how to solve the problem and i doubt it is the configuration, mean how the link works for long time and then goes down,

If anyone have a clue please i need some help.

On the other hand, i coordinated with the provider and agreed to use an external modem to do test the line to see if there is any physical problems on the line. so i shut down the ATM interface and connect the modem to the router with ethernet port and assigned an the ip address of the ATM interface to the ethernet.

the line was up up but there is no connectivity , no neighbor was discovered (eigrp).

the question is , do i have to add other commands in order to establish connectivity between the 2 sites.?

1 Reply 1

djh278778
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand correctly, the service providers modem is more than likely not a Cisco device so you will not see EIGRP neighbors. What you will need (if I understand correctly) is for the service provider to bridge their modem (which they may have done), the public ip address on your ethernet port (sounds like you have done already), a default route pointing to the gateway that the service provider gives you, and NAT.

Again, I may not get this example because I dont even see NAT on your posted config.

OK, I see what your doing now. Sorry about the bable above.

I would think that as long as the modem was bridged (it must be if you have a public IP on your ethernet interface and you can surf) and your crypto map and IP's were applied that everything should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: