aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:      CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category:    Error

Event ID:          1103

Description:      

Unity currently is unable to locate a writable Domain Controller, and Unity will not function properly under this configuration. Please re-connect the Unity server to a writable Domain Controller with the DC/GC connection manager.

0x0000054B: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

DC/GC shows 2 domains. I setup a manual DC Primary/Secondary on first domain. I don't care about 2nd Domain. How do I get rid of 2nd Domain reference as I keep getting this error message. I am using the latest DC/GC tool.

Thx

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had a similar issue a while back now.  There was a second AD domain behind a firewall that Unity did not need (nor was it allowed) access to.  However, occasionally during an import of user accounts there would be a reference to this domain in some fashion on a user object.  I would then get the same errors you see now.  I opened a TAC case and was provided some steps to modify the DC/GC Reconnect settings; however, it did not resolve the issue so I inquired about deleting the AD Domain directly within SQL.  I was told this was perfectly viable and would stop Unity from searching for the unwanted domain.  So here's what you do:

Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager > Expand Microsoft SQL Servers > Expand SQL Server Group > Expand Local

Expand Databases > Expand UnityDb > Select Tables

Highlight the ADDomain table, right click and select Open Table > Return All Rows

Select the entry for the AD Domain that Unity is not associated to and select Delete

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: