cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you deal with separate shifts/phones/lines/etc?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not entirely sure of the exact question i'm trying to ask, but essentially how do you handle phone/Agent logins where the agents are not at dedicated desks?  Meaning, they may not sit at the same location every day, or there may be other shifts that sit at that location when they're gone.

What do you do with their personal extensions

What do you do with the IPCC Extension

Maybe i'm just trying to overthink this and it's simpler than i think.

What does everyone else do?

JM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Users are identified to CCX by their IPCC/ICD Extension. CCX does not care about their primary (aka direct or personal) extension at all. You will need to create a unique extension for each user to assign as their IPCC Extension in UC Manager.

The IPCC Extension has a restriction in that it can appear on only a single device. You can assign this DN to either a physical device; or, a device profile for Extension Mobility. Either way, you must associate the physical device to the RmCm user to allow CCX access to third-party CTI call control over it while the agent is logged in.

CAD is used by the agent to remotely control the phone in essence. CAD works with services on the CCX server which have CTI control over the phone. The RmCm subsystem on CCX also uses this CTI control to record how the agent handled the call (handle time, hold time, transfer outs, etc).

To recap, agents work with CAD (or IP Phone Agent) which can control and monitor their IPCC Extension which can only exist on a single device and is what the ACD delivers calls on.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The most common solution is to use Extension Mobility to allow the agents to log into the phone handsets. This applies their unique line (which is mandatory for each agent with UCCX) to the phone.

Their IPCC Extension is set to the line on the EM profile.

They then log into Agent Desktop on the PC (or IPPA on the handset) using that extension and their CM username and password.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

So essentially 2 separate places to login then?  First on the phone (which they're used to doing) and then again on the Agent/Supervisor software.  So in theory they would then have 2 separate extensions on their phone login.  the IPCC extension and their personal DID extension...

This makes the most sense to me, so then i would make a separate IPCC extension for every user, knowing that at most only 1/3 of them would be in use at any given time (3shifts)?

i guess i'm just trying to get my head around the relationship between the users/thephone/theirextension/ipccextensions/agentsoftware

Hi

Yes, they would log into the phone and then the CAD software seperately.

A seperate specific extension for IPCC is optional; lots of my customers just have a single, personal extension that doubles as their IPCC extension without any problems.

The only mandatory bits are that each agent must have a unique, non shared extension that is set on their 'end user' page as their IPCC Extension.

So

- the physical phones would have non-user-specific 'logged out' numbers

- each user would have an EM profile that has a unique extension (and optional personal extension if you prefer)

- each user would have that unique/ipcc extension set as the IPCC extension on their user config

- they log on to the phone, and their extension(s) appear on the phone in place of the 'logged out' number

- they can then log into the Agent software

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Users are identified to CCX by their IPCC/ICD Extension. CCX does not care about their primary (aka direct or personal) extension at all. You will need to create a unique extension for each user to assign as their IPCC Extension in UC Manager.

The IPCC Extension has a restriction in that it can appear on only a single device. You can assign this DN to either a physical device; or, a device profile for Extension Mobility. Either way, you must associate the physical device to the RmCm user to allow CCX access to third-party CTI call control over it while the agent is logged in.

CAD is used by the agent to remotely control the phone in essence. CAD works with services on the CCX server which have CTI control over the phone. The RmCm subsystem on CCX also uses this CTI control to record how the agent handled the call (handle time, hold time, transfer outs, etc).

To recap, agents work with CAD (or IP Phone Agent) which can control and monitor their IPCC Extension which can only exist on a single device and is what the ACD delivers calls on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: