cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assumed Dial 9 on FXS Port

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

If a device is plugged into a FXS port, could it be setup where you do not need to dial an access code just for that port?  The device would never be calling an internal extension so there is no concern about overlap.

3 Replies 3

Give this a try.

voice translation-rule 999

rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /9\1/

voice translation-profile FXS
translate called 999
voice-port 0/0/1
timeouts interdigit 5
timeouts ringing infinity
station-id number 5615551234
caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 2 pots

translation-profile incoming FXS

destination-pattern 5615551234

port 0/0/1

no sip-register

Depending on your trunk type the configuration might be slightly different.

Cole

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason,

The only way I can think of you being able to do this, and for it to work properly would be by trunk-group assignment, the following would need to occur:

• Create a Trunk Group: "trunk group FXS"
  • Create a whole new set of dial-peers (POTS) and assign them to the FXS trunk group
  • Make sure dial-peer does not have the leading "9" there and set the appropriate forward digits for that dial-peer
  • Configure your FXS voice port to be assigned to the "trunk group FXS"

I must admit I have not done this before, but I can not see any reason as to why this would not work, maybe I can be corrected by the Cisco team if something I have done might not be right.

NOTE: This might need to be done via CLI I am not sure if this can be done with CCA (???)

Good luck.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

djh278778
Level 1
Level 1

Another possibility,

If your FXS port/analog phone number is defined under "ephone-dn" (it should be by default because of STCAPP) you can use the "trunk" command to bind the analog phone to the FXO telco line. The FXO telco line should be available for regular outgoing calls as well. For example:

Your ephone-dn config for your analog phone would look something like this:

ephone-dn 5 dual-line

number 301 no-reg primary

label 301

Trunk 88

description PhoneA Analog

name PhoneA Analog

The trunk 88 command would cause the digits 88 to be prefixed to the dialed number so 555-1212 would look like 88555-1212. Now with a Dial peer to match 88, you can route the number to the prefered FXO port and 555-1212 would be the only digits forwarded. For example:

dial-peer voice 88 pots

destination-pattern 88

port 0/0/1

This works only if you do not need to call internally (as you have stated) including CUE. I have done it a few times before but never with an anolog phone.  I dont see why it wouldnt work unless STCAPP does not support it. Just make sure that the digits in the trunk command, do not overlap with your internal dialplan.

Check out this link for more details. http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=401648&seqNum=4