Views
Helpful
Replies

Quality Management QM and UCCX Remote Agents

CLAUDIO RIVAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I have a customer with QM 2.6(2), all the agents are located centrally with an QM server, all agents use the client to record calls, as a new strategy, he want to deploy remote agents to work at home for a specific campaign, using IP Communicator and VPN Client, this customer want to be sure that calls will be recorded (screen and voice) and voice through the VPN wont be choppy or will have problems because upload speed on DSL on the country is not garanteed, as far as I know happen two things; the first one, recordings are now data which is uploaded to the QM server based on schedule, the second one bandwidth consumption for uploading the recordings will be as much as it have available? Based on this two situations, what is the recomended configuration?

Regards,

Claudio.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Well - the recordings are uploaded on a schedule, yes... the schedule basically says 'at off peak hours, that I have defined, upload at a high rate', and 'during peak hours that I have defined, upload at a limited number of recordings per hour'.

There's no guarantee that the upload won't overload your agents' web connection while it is uploading, even though there will be fewer uploads per hour.

In theory you could disable in-hours uploading and rely on out-of-hours/off peak times to get the recordings uploaded. However it would be difficult to enforce that people at home will leave their PCs running and connected in the evening to upload the recordings.

In terms of support; the manual for 2.7 suggests VPN software clients are not supported:

-------------------------------

Remote Agent Requirements

Agents who do not work onsite are supported in these situations:

They connect to the network via a Cisco 831 or 871 router and use a supported IP phone.

In previous versions (pre 2.6), IP Communictor was not supported for remote workers.

Finally, if you do go down this route there are no guarantees that you will get good service/voice quality. You will probably be at the mercy of as many different ISPs as agents, and that's not a position I'd want to be in as either you or one of your contact center customers...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Well - the recordings are uploaded on a schedule, yes... the schedule basically says 'at off peak hours, that I have defined, upload at a high rate', and 'during peak hours that I have defined, upload at a limited number of recordings per hour'.

There's no guarantee that the upload won't overload your agents' web connection while it is uploading, even though there will be fewer uploads per hour.

In theory you could disable in-hours uploading and rely on out-of-hours/off peak times to get the recordings uploaded. However it would be difficult to enforce that people at home will leave their PCs running and connected in the evening to upload the recordings.

In terms of support; the manual for 2.7 suggests VPN software clients are not supported:

Remote Agent Requirements

Agents who do not work onsite are supported in these situations:

They connect to the network via a Cisco 831 or 871 router and use a supported IP phone.

In previous versions (pre 2.6), IP Communictor was not supported for remote workers.

Finally, if you do go down this route there are no guarantees that you will get good service/voice quality. You will probably be at the mercy of as many different ISPs as agents, and that's not a position I'd want to be in as either you or one of your contact center customers...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Claudio,

There is an option of performing Server based recording on Mobile Agents but that supports for voice recording only.

Regards,

Kumar

does it support cisco ip comm + endpoint recording?

thanks!

-JT-