cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express to Meeting Place

eyeheartcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is on MPX. Since it is EOS, we need to upgrade to full blown meeting place. Is this something that can be done through the PUT, and if so what is the part number? I see this part number when I pull it up: CONF-MP-UWL-MIG. Is that it?

Also, I need clarification on the web portion. In MP 8.0, is web conferencing included or is that a seperate server?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'll take the wind out of your sales with the big thing first:

I need clarification on the web portion. In MP 8.0, is web conferencing
 included or is that a seperate server?

This is WebEx MeetingCenter. The customer must sign a WebEx contract. MeetingPlace 8 only provides on-premise audio and video conferencing. In some deployments, the customer may choose to add an additional server called the WebEx Node for MCS that extends the WebEx cloud to the local site so they can use the cheaper "internal ports". Note that some customers may receive a limited quantity of WebEx ports for the remainder of their UCSS contract. Work with your Cisco AM to get this straightened out.

I see this part number when I pull it up: CONF-MP-UWL-MIG

This is for CUWL customers. You will want to read the ordering guide for this, and likely seek the assistance of your Cisco AM or channel resources. There is a lot of confusion on this topic so do not be surprised if they need to ask others for assistance.

Ordering Guides: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/technology/ipc/uc_tech_readiness.html#~7

Lastly, do not go into a MeetingPlace deployment unprepared. It is significantly more involved than MPE was. There are two classes on PEC that I would go through at an absolute minimum. The word from the BU is "make sure you fully understand MP7 before attempting to deploy MP8."

• Designing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Solutions (DMPS)
  • Implementing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Solutions (IMPS)

Lastly, there are a few WebEx recordings on this topic and the MP8 deployment strategies. I don't have the links handy but your channel SE should be able to find them for you.

Ok. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hey Jonathan, one more question you might know the answer to.

So as I have been reading, the port license is done away with in MP8 for audio/video. Now there are User Connect Licenses for audio and video. I understand that. Does that mean I can have as many participants as I like in a meeting, and the limit is based on server capacity?

Example.

Let's say I have MP8, audio/vido only. I have 100 UCL's. I start an audio only conference call. How many participants am I limited to, from a licensing perspective?

Thanks

The ordering guide states that only hosts are licensed; guests are not. This makes the ports irrelevent up to the server/product maximums. Cisco will give you the quantity of ports you need. Keep in mind there is a minimum of licensed 200 audio users the last time I ran this through DCT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: