cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Port Foward 877-M

jnsolutions
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to forward port 8080 from our public IP address to our local 192.168.1.20 server using the GUI. No Luck.

I have restored to factory defaults and just tried to forward this port. No Luck.

I have tried to use the CLI. No Luck, but I was a little out of my depth.

I have attached a file with some basic settings, let me know if you need any more.

3 Replies 3

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rupert,

I'd suggest that you use the SDM (Security Device Manager) application to configure the 877.

If you want to use CLI, first ensure that NAT has been configured for outbout use, then add a command like the following (assuming that you are using TCP):

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.20 8080 interface FastEthernet4 8080

Regards

Andy

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have been trying to forward port 8080 from our public IP address to our local 192.168.1.20 server using the GUI. No Luck.

I have restored to factory defaults and just tried to forward this port. No Luck.

I have tried to use the CLI. No Luck, but I was a little out of my depth.

I have attached a file with some basic settings, let me know if you need any more

Hi,

Check out the below link for more information hope to help, As suggested nat will be used to forward the traffic in transalated ip and specific port.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml#topic8

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi,

I am not having too much luck, is there anything I can "show" so that I can see the problem. I have run the given commands and followed the guide.

How do I configure the outside NAT? Dont forget the 877 is a modem router.

Dialer 0 is where the Internet comes in. The web server on port 8080 is physically connected to "fe2" at the back of the device.

Interfaces are:

FastEthernet0 is up

FastEthernet1 is up

FastEthernet2 is up

FastEthernet3 is up

ATM0 is up

ATM0.1 is up

Vlan1 is up

Dialer0 is up

Bound to:
Virtual-Access1 is up

NVI0 is up

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: