cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallConnector Client and Windows 7

supportalliacom
Level 1
Level 1

Can we  run the callconnector client with Windows 7 CallConnector 32bit and 64bit? I tested  the latest version with Windows 7 32 bit and it doesn't work. The client installs successfully but some services don't start including service Unified CallController (status: Disconnected). I use the TAPI mode.

thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David,

I beleive the forums reported that the Call Connector does not work on Windows 7 64 bit platform. Since your last post I tried to install it on a Win7 64 bit system.  I could install it and the call connector downloaded the lines and tested okay however it would not start the call connector popup.  I have changed the application to run as administrator even tried Windows XP mode and it would not run.  I am attaching screenshots of the error message.  Please let me know your suggestions to get this working.

Test:

Connecting to host  '192.168.10.1 ' [192.168.10.1]...
Host192.168.10.1 ' [192.168.10.1] is not responding.
32 bytes received in  94  msecs.
IP-Address:  192.168.10.1IP Phone User Name: JibuMathews, Port:  2000

Found Router :  192.168.10.1
Line: 1 DN = 101 DisplayName = Jibu Mathews Channels = 2
Line: 2 DN = 102 DisplayName = Ed Cenkner Channels = 2
Line: 3 DN = 103 DisplayName = TL Reception Channels = 2
Line: 4 DN = 104 DisplayName = Rod Millar Channels = 2
Line: 5 DN = 105 DisplayName = TL Wireless Channels = 2

Click Next to continue.

Regards,

Jibu Mathews

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Call Connector works quite well with WIN7, that is the predominant platform I install it on right now.

A couple of things you may need to do:

• If services do not load up properly, then it is likely the application is not getting admin rights, so to get around that you can right click on the application, click on the comparability tab, and then check the box that says run as Administrator. However when in this mode, the pop-up will not load up at start-up, you will need to load it up manually.
  • Work out a way to give the application default admin rights, I am still trying to work this out on a Windows system joined to a domain, since I am not a Windows expert by any means, this particular issue is alluding me.
  • Make sure you are using the 1.6 branch, anything before that will not work properly on WIN7, well not in my experience, version 1.6 is by far the best release Cisco have provided so far.

64 bit should work as well with no problems, I have also installed the 32bit version and it ran, albeit with a couple of small issues, but it did run

Hope the above information helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

I beleive the forums reported that the Call Connector does not work on Windows 7 64 bit platform. Since your last post I tried to install it on a Win7 64 bit system.  I could install it and the call connector downloaded the lines and tested okay however it would not start the call connector popup.  I have changed the application to run as administrator even tried Windows XP mode and it would not run.  I am attaching screenshots of the error message.  Please let me know your suggestions to get this working.

Test:

Connecting to host  '192.168.10.1 ' [192.168.10.1]...
Host192.168.10.1 ' [192.168.10.1] is not responding.
32 bytes received in  94  msecs.
IP-Address:  192.168.10.1IP Phone User Name: JibuMathews, Port:  2000

Found Router :  192.168.10.1
Line: 1 DN = 101 DisplayName = Jibu Mathews Channels = 2
Line: 2 DN = 102 DisplayName = Ed Cenkner Channels = 2
Line: 3 DN = 103 DisplayName = TL Reception Channels = 2
Line: 4 DN = 104 DisplayName = Rod Millar Channels = 2
Line: 5 DN = 105 DisplayName = TL Wireless Channels = 2

Click Next to continue.

Regards,

Jibu Mathews

Hi Jibu,

The first image is not an issue this can be resolved, and is due to the TAPI not working.

I must apologies i failed to read in your post that you are using it in personal mode, and there in lies the problem, there is no Cisco 64Bit TAPI driver so the 32Bit will not install no matter what.

On the side i have a friend working on a 64Bit version, however though i do not know how long he will take, then the problem is how to get UCCPU to work with it.

If you want to use in in a 64Bit environment you will need server version

Again sorry for missing the information in the first post.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Jibu/David:

The x64-bit versions of the CME TSP and the UCC Clients are in dev-test. We expect them to be available in August, with earlier availability of beta versions. For now, as David mentioned, the UCC client can run in the server mode on x64-bit Windows.

Thanks

CallConnector Team

hi every body,

First of all, thank you for your answers, I tested  the CallConnector client on a windows 7 32 bit and it runs. Indeed it doesn't run on a 64 bit Windows 7 platform. I got the same error messages similar to those of  jmathews63002.

David trad, there is  no problem for your first post. Now I understand  how works CallConnector.

shtalukd, you  said in your post that there is a beta version available for 64 bit platform. Where do I download this beta version?

Thanks for your clarification.  I have a scenario and maybe you could give some insight if the UCC Server could be a solution for a Win7 64 bit client.  I have deployed a UC540 along with the SCC Operator console (server & Client).  The SCC opertaor works on a Windows 7 32 bit PC.  There is a Windows 7 64 bit Client that needs the SCC client.  Could the Win7 64 bit PC use the server version to get the SCC working?

Jibu Mathews

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: