Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 UT for VSS

orca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm just upgrading a CW LMS 2.6 environment to LMS 3.1.

I got some problems with the UT on the VSS devices. For example:

We have a fully equipped VSS with about 500 devices attached.

Since then we have exported the address table of the VSSs manually to get a suitable solution to use the User Tracking function in an external utility.

Now with 3.1 I thought UT will work directly on the VSSs. But it shows me only ~30 devices on our main VSS.

Info:

CS 3.2.0
CM 5.1.0
CV 6.1.8
CWA 1.1.0
DFM 3.1.0
LMSP 1.1.0
RME 4.2.0

Any suggestions?

Alex

11 Replies 11

orca
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the VSS should be supported, but you may be seeing a bug with Data Collection.  First, try upgrading to CM 5.1.4 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.  Then run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a UT acquisition, and see if more users show up.

Hello Joe,

thanks for your help.

I made an upgrade to CM 5.1.4 and restarted the system.

After Campus Data Collection has run I can't do an UT acquisition.

Error Message:

"Construction of XML data  required for UT is in progress.Please try after some time"

Seems to be this one:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2001937

I filtered out our standalone APs and this helps as a workaround.

Data Collection and User Tracking now run smoothly again but no change:

No functional User Tracking on our VSS

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Post the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml and vlanData.xml files.  What is the IP address and hostname of this VSS?  What version of SNMP are you using?

orca
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody?

orca
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, but confidential information in it.

We have opened a TAC. I will post the results here.

Thx for your help!

Just to inform you guys. The TAC didn't helped. Just another unresolved problem...

What was the Service Request number?

orca
Level 1
Level 1

SR 615139375

I went through the notes, and I agree with the engineer's assessment.  The missing MACs appear to be connected to non-access ports.  Is there a specific MAC that is directly connected to this switch that is missing from the UT report?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: