Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt pilot assigned to 7941

Ahmed Yassin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CCM 4.2(3). I registered IP phone 7941 with two lines buttons.

First line assigned to normal DID extension from our office extensions range.

At same time i configured HUNT PILOT (as help desk number for our office) number to circulate the coming call to 4 inside users(IT members), one of these 4 inside users is the extension assigned to the first line for the above IP phone 7941.

I want this phone user when call back the dailled user to be appeared as the hunt pilot number not his DID extension...so, how this can be achieved.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

The way this is usually accomplished is to leverage the setting;

External Phone Number Mask

Under the Directory Number Configuration page for the DN in question

So if the Hunt Pilot # is 555-6000 and the DN you are setting up is 5235

go to the Directory Number Configuration page for 5235 and put 555-6000

as the number for the External Phone Number Mask.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for yr reply,

According to yr example, when 5235 call inside users appear as 555-6000 , and when call external call outside office appear as 5235(after addinf the first number according to our telco).

That is right or i missunderstood

Hi Ahmed,

It should be the exact opposite my friend

When 5235 calls Internally it will show 5235 when it calls

Externally it will show 555-6000 the Hunt Pilot number.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks again for yr effort,

But, may be i can't explain exactly my point of view, i will explain in brief my actual case:

I have 4 IT members, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, all of these extensions are DID numbers when they got out with (2461) 2020 or (2461) 2021 and so on........................

I configured non-DID hunt pilot point 111 (as help desk number for our office employees) to circulate any coming call from any employee in our office to all these above 4 numbers and it is working properly.

Ok, what i want is : when the IT member of number 2023 wants to call back or answer any employee to be  appeared as the hunt pilot number 111 and when call outside to be appeared as 2461 2023 as his number normally.

N.B.: this IT member of number 2023 , has IP phone 7941 with 2 lines.....so, i can play with the other line to do so as if i can assigned to the hunt pilot 111 or no.

Sorry for all these long words and thanks a lot for your patience

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry, I've got it backwards

You can use a translation pattern to block Internal CLID

Call Display Restrictions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_1/ccmfeat/fshosp.html

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: