Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 CPU Utilization reaches 100 % when NM-1T3/E3 is enabled

kaustav.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have installed NM-1T3/E3 IN  A CISCO 3845 WITH IOS c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T3.bin AND 512 MB RAM .WHEN I ENABLE THE CARD THE CPU PROC HISTORY SHOWS 100% WHEN DISABLED IT COMES DOWN TO 10%

Slot 0:
        C3845 Mother board 1GE(TX,SFP),1GE(TX), integrated VPN and 4W Port adapter, 7 ports
        Port adapter is analyzed

Slot 2:

NM-1T3/E3 (clear/subrate) Port adapter, 1 port
        Port adapter is analyzed

ANY HELP APPREACIATED.

Regards

Kas

6 Replies 6

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without seeing your configuration, I can only suggest you to use a newer code like the 12.4(15)Txx.

Regards,

jerry

Hi Jeye,

Can you let me know what output I can share with you.

Hello Kaustav,

please post sh run in a text file.

Remove all sensitive information like usernames and passwords and replace public ip addresses for your safety with private ip addresses. This is a public place.

Also post

sh proc cpu sorted 1 min

with NM disabled and with the NM enabled in different times

This should be enough to understand what is happening

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

I have the same issue but just with a Cisco 3825 and 12.4.(15) T5 code. Has somebody any idea what could be the issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Alex

As above: post config.

Also, you should update IOS.

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. If possible I would like to avoid updating the IOS as we're using it also in other locations without any issues.

Attached is the config of the relevant configuration of the interface. I also have to mention that this interface is connected to a new MPLS circuit and is not coming up at the moment. I have a service ticket open already about it and maybe it's related to this problem.

Thank you Alex

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card