Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 CPU Utilization reaches 100 % when NM-1T3/E3 is enabled

kaustav.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have installed NM-1T3/E3 IN  A CISCO 3845 WITH IOS c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T3.bin AND 512 MB RAM .WHEN I ENABLE THE CARD THE CPU PROC HISTORY SHOWS 100% WHEN DISABLED IT COMES DOWN TO 10%

Slot 0:
        C3845 Mother board 1GE(TX,SFP),1GE(TX), integrated VPN and 4W Port adapter, 7 ports
        Port adapter is analyzed

Slot 2:

NM-1T3/E3 (clear/subrate) Port adapter, 1 port
        Port adapter is analyzed

ANY HELP APPREACIATED.

Regards

Kas

6 Replies 6

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without seeing your configuration, I can only suggest you to use a newer code like the 12.4(15)Txx.

Regards,

jerry

Hi Jeye,

Can you let me know what output I can share with you.

Hello Kaustav,

please post sh run in a text file.

Remove all sensitive information like usernames and passwords and replace public ip addresses for your safety with private ip addresses. This is a public place.

Also post

sh proc cpu sorted 1 min

with NM disabled and with the NM enabled in different times

This should be enough to understand what is happening

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

I have the same issue but just with a Cisco 3825 and 12.4.(15) T5 code. Has somebody any idea what could be the issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Alex

As above: post config.

Also, you should update IOS.

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. If possible I would like to avoid updating the IOS as we're using it also in other locations without any issues.

Attached is the config of the relevant configuration of the interface. I also have to mention that this interface is connected to a new MPLS circuit and is not coming up at the moment. I have a service ticket open already about it and maybe it's related to this problem.

Thank you Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card