cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I access my WAP200

sagostini
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new WAP200. When I plug it in with its default setting it works (i can connect via unsecure wireless to my network) so I know I have connectivity to the device. The problem occurs when I try to attach to the device to configure it. I can neither attached to the device or even ping it on it's factory default setting of 192.168.1.254. I have done two device resets with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions or how could I contact Cisco for an RMA request as I feel this product is defective.

Thanks,

Sean

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a new WAP200. When I plug it in with its default setting it works (i can connect via unsecure wireless to my network) so I know I have connectivity to the device. The problem occurs when I try to attach to the device to configure it. I can neither attached to the device or even ping it on it's factory default setting of 192.168.1.254. I have done two device resets with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions or how could I contact Cisco for an RMA request as I feel this product is defective.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean,

If you feel that this device needs to replcaed and as there no luck after two reset, you would have purchased the samrnet contract with cisco just log cisco TAC case with contract id and rest will be done by cisco if it needs to replaced.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Sorry for wasting your time....but as it turned out I was reading the IP address in the manual incorrectly.

Instead of 192.168.1.245 I was using 192.168.1.254. I guess I was having a senior monment.

Regards

I am actually having this same problem with a new WAP200 access point.  I am running a Linksys Switch SR2024 attached to a Linksys RVS4000 run in Gateway mode for internet connectivity.  I added the WAP 200 for wireless connectivity to my network.  I have connected it to both the RVS4000 and the SR2024 and can see on wireless devices however to go into configuration at 192.168.1.245 I can't get a connection.

What am I missing?

Also, I am not getting the PoE light to come on.  I am using the adapter to power.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: