Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N V2 - WLAN Issue

bobrocksgmbh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together

We have the following issue with our WRVS4400N Version 2 SMB Router, after a undefined timespan the wireless module stop working. Every Client that is connected via the w-lan cannot access other clients, printer, servers or the internet anymore.

After resetting (hard-reset with power off) the wlan module come up and after a short time it is stop working once again. After the wlan is broken, the ssid will be broadcasted further but if we take a look into the status window (router management) of the wlan the mac address is empty.

WLAN-Setup:

Network Mode: B/G/N-Mixed

Channel Bandwidth: 20MHz

Wireless Channel: 6- 2.437 GHz
Security:  WPA-PSK
SSID Broadcast:  Enabled

Software:

Firmware Version: V2.0.0.8-ETSI

IPS Signature: v1.42

What can we do to fix this issue, any workarounds or fixes available?

Best regards

Günter

2 Replies 2

vhato
Level 1
Level 1

As of today, I have three WRVS4400N's on my desk.  Two are Version 2.0 (with FW 2.0.0.7 and 2.0.0.8) and the third is a version 1.1.  Version 1.1 works fine.

I am having a similar problem, and can add some detail.

Blackberry Bold 9700/Bold 9000 and Pearl 8120s only connect at 48mbps on the 2.0 routers and 54mbps on the 1.1 model.  Browsing over WiFi on these devices with the 2.0 router give sporatic results typically resulting in invalid page views 4 out of 10 times.  No issues on 1.1.

MacBook Pro connects at N speeds but every 30-40 minutes, looses its connection requiring either a reboot of the V2.0 router or disable/enable of MacBook AirPort.  V1.1 works without issue.

HP Mini Netbook connects at N speeds without issue except when wireless totally locks up on very rare occasions on both v2.0 and v1.1 routers.  Wired traffic never stops.

I would like to say there must be some kind of incompatibility with certain devices and can be fixed with firmware.  The MacBook Pro w/10.5 and 10.6.4 software just doesn't like the v2.0 router.  Disabling/enabling the AirPort OR rebooting the router temporarily solves the problem.  Version 1.1 just works fine with it.  The Blackberry's prefer 1.1 as well for speed and compatibility.  Downloading podcasts over WiFi is a good 25% faster on the 1.1 router and never get errors.  The v2.0 may require multiple attempts to download and browsing 4 out of 10 times gives page view errors.

But the Windows 7 Netbook from HP typically works without issue unless Wireless totally stops for whatever reason on rare occasions on either router.

I hope Cisco can solve these problems or atleast Borealis http://www.tytec.de/Project4.htm  completes his 2.0 firmware upgrade.  People seem to really appreciate his work with the v1.1 routers.

I would like to say there must be some kind of incompatibility with certain devices and can be fixed with firmware.  The MacBook Pro w/10.5 and 10.6.4 software just doesn't like the v2.0 router.  Disabling/enabling the AirPort OR rebooting the router temporarily solves the problem.  Version 1.1 just works fine with it.  The Blackberry's prefer 1.1 as well for speed and compatibility.  Downloading podcasts over WiFi is a good 25% faster on the 1.1 router and never get errors.  The v2.0 may require multiple attempts to download and browsing 4 out of 10 times gives page view errors.

Having similar issues here with v2.0. MacBook 10.5.x and MacBook Pro 10.6.4 drop the network connection every now and then. Not as often as with you but almost every day. Latest problem is that the http admin interface dies while the router encounters some kind of problem with wireless, log says that it can't bind http-server to a port as it is already taken. Anyway this happens when the wireless says "boom". Router is only couple of months old and this is really annoying. Not keen on selling this and buying different one. All though I'm soon forced to do so if I can't find solution for this.