Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 - Show line labels on phone

2044418Puts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm configuring a CUCM 7.1 in a lab environment, but I'm having an issue showing the line description on the phone next to the line button.

On a CUCME there is the command "label Reception(101)" which shows "Reception(101)" next to the button on the phone, but how can I achieve this on a CUCM?

At this time the phone only shows the line number.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Use the Line Text Label under the Directory Number config

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Use the Line Text Label under the Directory Number config

Cheers!

Rob

Okay I found it.... haha, but it seems to be phone specific and not DN specific. So I have to choose a phone first and then pick line appearance. I guess it works just in the opposite way as in CUCME.. Thanks!

Hi there,

You can update all phones that share the Directory number

Line Text Label

Use this field only if you do not want the directory number to show on the line appearance. Enter text that identifies this directory number for a line/phone combination.

Suggested entries include boss's name, department's name, or other appropriate information to identify multiple directory numbers to secretary/assistant who monitors multiple directory numbers.

Setting applies only to the current device unless you check the check box at right (Update Shared Device Settings) and click the Propagate Selected button. (The check box at right displays only if other devices share this directory number.)

Cheers!

Rob

Nice!!! Thanks, that comes in really handy. Didn't notice those boxes yet!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: