MTA's In Unity Connection Cluster

Answered Question
Jun 22nd, 2010
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi,

I seem to be having service issues on a 7.1 unity connection cluster and I have a question about the MTA on both servers.  The servers are configured for primary/seconday failover for this customer.  The question is, should the MTA be running on the secondary server or does it only start during a failover situation?  Currently the MTA and a couple more services are not started (Deactivated) on the secondary box and before I go trying to start them I'd like to see if this is normal.

Thanks,

Mike

Correct Answer by David Hailey about 6 years 9 months ago

For Critical Services on CUC, the Primary runs all 4 services.  However, the MTA and Notifier services do not run on the secondary.  These services will kick in on the secondary if failover occurs.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
David Hailey Tue, 06/22/2010 - 13:49
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

For Critical Services on CUC, the Primary runs all 4 services.  However, the MTA and Notifier services do not run on the secondary.  These services will kick in on the secondary if failover occurs.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

mike-greene Tue, 06/22/2010 - 13:54
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Thanks David.  Glad I asked.

Thanks,

Mike

Rob Huffman Tue, 06/22/2010 - 13:55
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Mike,

+5 for Hailey...I should have know not to even try with my hapless typing skills. great work my friend!

The Fail-over on CUC is explained nicely by Markus in this good doc (you will see where/when

MTA is started on the Subscriber

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5963;jsessionid=E74743756468045B9F099CEAD884DF60.node0

Cheers!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion