Views
Helpful
Replies

MTA's In Unity Connection Cluster

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I seem to be having service issues on a 7.1 unity connection cluster and I have a question about the MTA on both servers.  The servers are configured for primary/seconday failover for this customer.  The question is, should the MTA be running on the secondary server or does it only start during a failover situation?  Currently the MTA and a couple more services are not started (Deactivated) on the secondary box and before I go trying to start them I'd like to see if this is normal.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For Critical Services on CUC, the Primary runs all 4 services.  However, the MTA and Notifier services do not run on the secondary.  These services will kick in on the secondary if failover occurs.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For Critical Services on CUC, the Primary runs all 4 services.  However, the MTA and Notifier services do not run on the secondary.  These services will kick in on the secondary if failover occurs.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David.  Glad I asked.

Thanks,

Mike

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

+5 for Hailey...I should have know not to even try with my hapless typing skills. great work my friend!

The Fail-over on CUC is explained nicely by Markus in this good doc (you will see where/when

MTA is started on the Subscriber

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5963;jsessionid=E74743756468045B9F099CEAD884DF60.node0

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: