cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AQM Call Recording? Customer volume too low?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Playing back recording of Agents in AQM  we can hear the agent side of the conversation loud and clear, but the customer volume is too low. Is there a way to increase the customer side volume? 
8 Replies 8

ronin751sc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also experiencing this problem.  Is this a known issue?

Does this same delta in volume exist if you perform a packet capture of the RTP streams and play it back?

If this is native to the RTP, and not being imposed by QM somehow, then you need to investigate your PSTN circuit. If it is a T1 PRI you can start with adjusting the input gain command on the router.  The value is in db so 'input gain 3' would double the input volume.

So if the Agent can hear the customer fine, why would we need to adjust the input gain? Sounds like a problem with AQM.

Because the phone has a volume control on it that is capable of imposing a gain on the audio being sent out the analog side of the DSP. Find out what the actual RTP stream sounds like.

Can I run Wireshark on the AQM box, or should I span the AQM Server port to my laptop ? -jason

You should span the phone's switchport. The RTP traffic is not forwarded to the QM server unless you are doing SPAN-based recording. The RTP is usually captured by the attached PC and encrypted before being forwarded to the QM server.

brunonogaki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

Does anyone get any conclusion on this?

I am facing the same problem here on a AQM 8.5.1, and Calabrio support team says this is not an issue with AQM.

The problem is that it happens very sporadically, so it's very hard to troubleshoot.

I have installed a packet sniffer on the agent's PC, and also enabled the recording on UCCX server for this particular user. We are analyzing every call recorded for this user in AQM and waiting to get the problem.

Do you guys have any update?

Thank you,

Bruno

Hi Experts,
I would like to know if the AQM can record calls from cisco IP phones that are not registered or configured within a UCCX,

For example,
I currently have AQM recording 10 agents from a UCCX and all perfect, there is a supervisor who listens to the recordings.

But I have requested licenses and record 5 more users, but these are not configured in the UCCX, they are administrative users who have their IP Phone in their office.

It is possible for AQM to record these 5 new users, without having to be configured in UCCX,

Additionally, create profiles so that this new administrator can only listen to the recordings of these 5 new users, and not listen to the recordings of the 10 UCCX agents, is this possible?
I use a CUCM 10.5 and AQM 10.5

I will appreciate your valuable support.

regards
Carlos P.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: