cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound caller-id translation

Dan Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at doing some outgoing caller-id translations based on the area code that is dialed from a phone. The extension that the call is placed from doesn't matter. There is a PRI with phone numbers from various are codes.

Example 1: A call is placed from extension 200 to 555-123-4567. There is a number on the PRI 555-987-6543. For that call only the caller-id displayed would be 555-987-6543

Example 2: A call is placed from extension 200 to 444-123-4567. There is a number on the PRI 444-987-6543. For that call only the caller-ed displayed would be 444-987-6543

The calls are only place to certain area code, so not all area code would need to match. I am thinking that this can be done with dial-peers and translation-profiles and translation-rules, but I was wondering if there is a better/simpler way to accomplish this. If anyone has done something similar would appreciate the advice.

thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dan,

You would only need to control this via Translation Rules, you would apply the rule via a Translation Profile, and in order to make sure it works you need to apply that profile to your Dial-Peers.

You can test this if you have the time by duplicating your dial-peers and using a different prefix for dialing out, this way if it works you can delete the duplicates and then get your main ones to run with the profile setup.

I hope this gives you the basic answer you were looking for, I am not aware of any other format that is easier or that can do it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: