cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to switch to newer phone firmware?

isaacboersma
Level 1
Level 1

I've uploaded the newest firmware for a 6921 phone I need to upgrade following the steps listed in the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

My question is regarding the next steps to get the phone switched over to that new firmware version.  I'm not finding the right documentation that describes this.  I would have expected it in a Release notes section of the Cisco software download page but it isn't there.

Am I supposed to simply delete the older firmware version in the TFPT management section of CUCM OS Admin page, or are there better instructions how to do this?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Isaac,

When you go to install the new Firmware you can try it on a small number of phones first by selecting the new loads via the IP Phone Device Configuration page. Once you are satisfied with the new version you can change it for the remaining phones via Device Defaults Page and reset phones

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

I have performed the Firmware upgrade for the 6921 IP Phones.

After I uploaded the firmware using the OS Administration on all nodes, I have done the recycling the TFTP & CM Services. After that, the IP Phones will try to fetch the newer firmware from the TFTP Servers and start registering.

But I suggest you to read the release notes & read me document of the firmware version you download.

Regards,

Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: