cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G Line Config with SPA9000

chrisguy
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SPA9000 with 3 VoIP lines and the 4th is connected to a PSTN line through a SPA3102.

I just purchased a SPA525G phone and I would like to setup 4 of the lines on the phone to connect directly with the 4 lines on the SPA9000.  That is to say, for example when I select the line 3 on the phone, the call will go out through line 3 of the SPA9000.

Each line on the phone has its own extension number but I can't figure out how to get the SPA9000 to direct an extension to a specific line.  For example, extension 503 would go out line 3 of the SPA9000.

The call routing syntax doesn't seem to be able have a way to know the source extension, but this seems to be the way to route the dialed digits to a specific line on the SPA9000.

In the worst case I could have the dial plan for the specific line on the phone stuff a specific unique prefix and the use that to decode the target line but this seems like a poor kludge open to failure.

How can I make line choices based on the source extension for an outside line?

I have read the admin & user guides for both the SPA900 & the SPA525G and I don't see the answer.

Does anyone have an Idea?

Thanks,

Chris.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your order interp is correct.

The group user ID and group line should be higher priority than the call routing rule since that is more clearly defined per phone extension's access to the outside.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The phone registers to the spa9000 and is allowed to go out any of the 4 lines of the spa9000.  I don't see a mapping of

line key 1 to only dial out via line 1 of the spa9000.

You would have to choose a prefix number to choose which line of the spa9000 that you would want to dial out from.

For example, in the call routing rule, it would have something like (2xx.|<:L2>9xx.|<:L4>0xx.) which means dialing with 2 and any number thereafter would choose line 3 of the spa9000 to go out of.  Dialing 9 and any number thereafter would choose line 2 and so forth.

This is what I am trying to avoid!

I re-read the manuals again and I think I found the answer, in the PBX section of the SIP page there is the Group Lines and Group Line User IDs.

By matching the extension number on the phone line to the Group Line and assigning it to each line I was able to get the result.

I did have some problems with the differen dial plans and order of interpretation.  Perhaps someone can confirm (or correct me) on the order of interpretation.

1. Phone Dial Plan (possibly with substitutions).
  2. Call Routing Rule on SPA9000 (no substitutions)
  3. Line Dial Plan on SPA9000 (final substitutions if any)

What I don't know is the line selection when there are multiple choices in both the Group Lines and the Call Routing Rules.

Your order interp is correct.

The group user ID and group line should be higher priority than the call routing rule since that is more clearly defined per phone extension's access to the outside.