cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Media Designer Issue when loading a file?

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm experiencing an issue when I try to bring a media asset to my layout. After I loaded the file to the library I go to the Designer to create a presentation then I click on the icon "Media" beside Enterprise TV icon in order to add one of the assets from the library but it does not allow me to select the file. I could select the file from the icon Playlist.

I wonder if this is not the correct porcess.

I have to say that I just upgraded to 5.2 and I am not familiar to all the features and options.

I attached a screen shot from that window.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe this is a known issue and is being addressed.

The workaround I use is to use the Media Playlist icon

and then select the Media Asset.

This works...

Cheers!

T.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

One of our customers is haveing exactly the same issue. He has an video playlist and if all videos get removed, it is not possible to add other video assets. If one video stays in the playlist, videos could be added to the playlist.

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

Actually this is an all new deployment, there were no previous videos loaded in the library nor presentations or tamplates already created.

I wonder if this is a well known bugg and if there is a workarpund for it?

Best regards.

I believe this is a known issue and is being addressed.

The workaround I use is to use the Media Playlist icon

and then select the Media Asset.

This works...

Cheers!

T.

Hi Tomas,

Yes it "works" that's what I did instead but doesn't seem to be the best practice because when I run the video in the display it show a little cut after it restarts. And also, i think it's better to use Media instead of Playlist when you want to publish images, because I noticed that the "effects" it has does not look nice at all and the images playlist looks much better and smooth when you add them as Media and assign a duration.

Anything else to get this working properly, I have tested it at my local Cisco's office and it worked fine now I upgraded my DMS to 5.2 and I am facing this issue, therefore I wonder if it is a bug or might be an installation issue or smething else related with configuration.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I still have this issue, I rebooted the DMM expecting to get it fixed but did not work then I tried loading a different file like a JPEG and it can be highlighted in green when I choose it. I attached the picture so that you can see the different, you might wonder why the extension of my video file appears as .ts and it's because that's the way my format converter delivers it. I don't think that might be the problem cause I have used that extension several times and in stand alone mode in deed.

Hope you have any news about.

Thanks in advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: