ACE and Microsoft ISA Servers

Unanswered Question
Jun 22nd, 2010
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Hello,

I’ve got a question regarding stickiness in relation to Microsoft ISA servers.  I have configured stickiness based on source ip address, but I understand that ISA servers reverse-proxy their client requests, hence making the requests look like they’re coming from only the ISA source ip addresses.  I am worried this will make even load-balancing difficult.

In the same environment we have 1000’s of other clients who will also be hitting the ACE looking for content.  My question is how do I differentiate requests coming from the ISA servers to those coming from the “normal” clients, so I can treat them differently (to try and balance them across all real servers)?

Normal clients I believe should be load-balanced, with stickiness based on source ip. However to distribute the ISA servers requests, perhaps I should base stickiness on something other than source ip, maybe cookie – or turn off stickiness and load-balancing for the requests?

Either way I presume I need to differentiate the traffic using class-maps, then use policy-maps to specify the action to take.  I would be grateful if someone could provide a sample config of how to do this.

If you need any more detail, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion