Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIM 4.3.1: Integrated agent, can not log in due to Terminal ID

Hi,

I try to log in to agent page by integrated agent account. It pass for usrname/password then It ask for Terminal ID.

I read in the document I must request for terminal password also. But in my page it only say for Terminal ID.

Finally, It is failed to log in. Can anyone let me know what exactly Terminal ID mean?

Regards,

Thanh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You just have to go into the agent page, pick "New" and then choose "Integrated" agent, and then select the agent from the drop-down list. Assign the licences. Set the number of concurrent tasks.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Here is the error popup. There is no way to type the password.

You see the Terminal ID (yes, it's the extension) because you have your agent in a Blended Collab skill group. Remove all the skills except email, clear the browser cache, then try again. Terminal ID will not be there. Log out and add the Chat skill - try again. It will not present the Terminal ID. Only if you are in a BC skill will that come up.

If you want BC to work you need to have the Media Blender correctly working. Is it?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for you nice reply. I remove all skill group except for email.

But I want like that: agent have 3 skill for voice, email and chat. Both voice and chat are not interuptible, agent in voice call can not receive chat and agent in chat can not receive voice. But email can come any time.

Will I need media blender in this case?

Regards,

Thanh

But I want like that: agent have 3 skill for voice, email and chat. Both voice and chat are not interuptible, agent in voice call can not receive chat and agent in chat can not receive voice. But email can come any time

Of course. That's what we all do. Works great.

Only BC and Callback (immediate or scheduled) need the Media Blender. These are the ones that want the Terminal ID.

Did you create all the MRDs and all the associated skill groups that the manuals mentioned and just assigned them all to your test agent?

Why don't you tell me what you have done? I'm just guessing here.

Regards,

Geoff

HI,

What I do until now are:

1. EAAS and listner process works successful. PIM is active.

2. All MRDs and SKGs are created and accociated

3. I'm not install Media Blender in my PG at this time

What I want to achive now are:

1. An agent has 2 skill voice and chat

2. A workflow and ICM configuring/scripting to complete this task

I'm trying now. Can you tell me briefly the job?

Regards,

Thanh

2. All MRDs and SKGs are created and accociated

Don't talk in generalities - tell me exactly what you have created. Write them down,

1. What Media Classes have you created?

2. Using those Media Classes, what Media Routing Domains have you created?

3. Using the MRDs, what skill groups have you created?

4. Looking at your test agent, what skills have you assigned him?

1. An agent has 2 skill voice and chat

2. A workflow and ICM configuring/scripting to complete this task

Oh, Chat is so easy. Easier than email. I'll use some example names to make it easier to write down.

1. In ICM, make a script selector CIM_Chat on the CIM_WIM_MRD.

2. Associate it with a call type CIM_Chat

3. Schedule it against a script CIM_Chat - queue to the chat SG you have, or use LAA - SG nodes. I already told you my preference.

4. On CIM, create a Queue of type Unified CCE and select CIM_Chat from the script selector drop down.

5. Make a Chat Entry Point Simple_Chat using the queue CIM_Chat as the target. No workflow needed.

6. Create the EP code with the HTML button

7. Copy and paste the EP code into your web page HTML code

8. Fire up the customer - access the web page. Click on chat

9. Watch the PIM for the NEW_TASK request going up to the Call Router

10. Look at your script in Mon mode - ICM is queuing it

11. Check the Activity Database - the new activity will be there

12. Go "Available for Chat"

Don't take too long. The CHAT_WATCHDOG_INSEC is set to 70s.

Wait too long and the customer gets the "all lines busy" pop up.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

1. What Media Classes have you created?

[Thanh] CIM_BC.MC, CIM_WIM.MC, CIM_EIM.MC, CIM_OUTBOUND.MC

2. Using those Media  Classes, what Media Routing Domains have you created?

[Thanh] CIM_BC, CIM_WIM, CIM_EIM, CIM_OUTBOUND

3. Using the  MRDs, what skill groups have you created?

[Thanh] CIM_CHAT.SKG, CIM_EIM.SKG, CIM_OUTBOUND.SKG

4. Looking at your test  agent, what skills have you assigned him?

[Thanh] Email, Voice, Single session Chat, Email

Your answer is realldy helpful.

Now I can test the integrate with chat and voice. It is not interuptible.

I also successfully with email and voice. Email is interuptible.

I'm studying for the collabration with Media Blender. I plan to install the Media Blender on the same platform of PG A.

Would you mind giving me any comment/notice for me on this?

Regards,

Thanh

Just one comment on the names of the Media Classes.

If you create them exactly as noted in the documentation:

CIM_EIM (for inbound email)
CIM_OUTBOUND (for outbound email)
CIM_WIM (for chat)
CIM_BC (for blended collaboration)

then integration will work. If you use different names, as you have:

CIM_BC.MC

CIM_WIM.MC

CIM_EIM.MC

CIM_OUTBOUND.MC

then you have to edit a file on CIM:

Cisco_Home\eService\config\ipcc\egicm_media_class_mappings.properties

to match what you created in ICM and restart the "Cisco Service".

See page 20 "Cisco Unified Web and E-Mail Interaction Manager Deployment and Maintenance Guide"

Did you do that?

Regards,

Geoff

HI Geoff,

Yes, I did try to rename to what document says. I'm testing the function of my eim/wim now. It's pretty good.

There are 2 pendings with me now:

1. How can I do the multi session chat? One agent can talk to more than one customer.

2. About the media blender: I install it on my CM PG but I can not open the admin page for that, it shows a blank page when I try to open. Do I need a license for that? I use Media Blender 7.1.

Regards,

Thanh

Multi session chat works perfectly. Ensure that the number of concurrent tasks for the queue on your test user is not 1 - that's the default. Increase this and ICM will not consider your agent unavailable for chat until they have that number of customers connected.

Yes, Media Blender has to be licenced.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I want to ask why I create a new agent and assign this agent with chat skill group but it is not reflected to CIM. CIM not pull the agent from ICM after we do integrated wizard?

Regards,

Thanh

You just have to go into the agent page, pick "New" and then choose "Integrated" agent, and then select the agent from the drop-down list. Assign the licences. Set the number of concurrent tasks.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thank you. It is done now.

Can you help me in some following questions:

1. Why I am uable to see the chat transcript? I just see the activity then the first chat message of customer. There is no all message between customer and agent

2. Where is the folder that all email message are stored and how it structured?

3. I can not transfer the chat to another user, I'm just able to transfer to a queue. Can you check for me on that?

4. I want to localize the chat page of Cisco to Vietnamese but it is use ANSI instead of unicode utf-8. Are there any settings for this?

Regards,

Thanh

2. Where is the folder that all email message are stored and how it structured?

It's not in a folder at all. Emails are all stored complete in the database. You need to examine the Schema document. CIM is a very database-intensive application - knowledge of the database is key. I strongly suggest all CIM integrators study the Schema document.

Attachments are not stored in the database. They are stored on the File Server - something like C:\CIM\eSevice\storage. A pointer to the file is stored in the database and the client application downloads the attachment on request.

3. I can not transfer the chat to another user, I'm just able to transfer to a queue. Can you check for me on that?

That is correct - same with email. An integrated agent cannot transfer to another integrated agent - that's the way of the world.

The way I overcome this is to create a script selector for each agent, pull that through into CIM as a queue with the agent's name, and the agent can use that as a transfer point. On the ICM side, create the script selector so that the agent's peripheral number is at the tail of the script selector name, then map all the script selectors to a call type, schedule a script which uses Queue to Agent (implicit) and pull off the peripheral number. You need an Enterprise SG. This works great.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: