UCCX 7 ODBC Connection Problems

Unanswered Question
Jun 23rd, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

I am attempting to setup an ODBC connection to the Historical Reporting table of the UCCX 7 database so we may generate some custom reports for weekly meetings and show better call metrics which the call center staff is bonused on.  However, I am running into an issue where it doesn't seem to authenticate me properly, I get the following results when I test the connection:

Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver Version 06.01.7600

Running connectivity tests...

Attempting connection
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'CRSAdministrator'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

TESTS FAILED!

I am going through the steps on page 6-2 from the PDF below found on the Cisco site.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/programming/guide/uccx70hradmdev.pdf

Any help would be appreciated.  We are running 7.0 SR3.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Wed, 06/23/2010 - 06:34
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

Why use CRSAdministrator? In order for that to work from anywhere but the UCCX box, you'd have to have something running in the context of a user with the same name and same password...

You basically need to be able to authenticate to the SQL server using the account you are logged in as on your dev workstation (or under the account that your web site/whatever service runs under).

To do this, you need to create a local account on the UCCX server, with the SAME username and SAME password as your service/user account on the domain or your app server. Grant that local account the required DB permissions, and windows will basically pass  through the auth and all will be well.

See my post elsewhere on this issue:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/7376?start=0&tstart=0

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Mark Baker Wed, 06/23/2010 - 09:11
User Badges:

That makes things simple, and I think I have it working, except I don't have Enterprise Manager, is this available on the SQL discs that come with CCX?

Aaron Harrison Wed, 06/23/2010 - 10:09
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

Yeah, you get MSSQL if you have HA, or scale to a certain level; otherwise you may be running MSDE.

You can grant permissions several other ways:

1) If you have SQL on other servers in your Enterprise, I believe you are able (in licensing terms) to install SQL Ent Manager to manage that server, and this MSDE server..

2) You can make the local account a member of the local 'ADministrators' group, which is granted SA rights to the SQL server

3) You can use OSQL to grant permissions to the account you set up to the CRS DB. There are lots of articles on the web for this, basically type:

osql -E  "exec sp_grant something or other"

You'd be looking to grant DB access rights to the Windows account - let me know if you want to do it like that and can't figure it out..

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Actions

This Discussion