WLC 4402- wireless clients keeps re-authenticating every 10mins

Unanswered Question

I recently encountered this problem with a new installation that was done at a customer. There are two 4402 wlc and 1141n waps. Radius server IAS 2003 is used.

At first every 1/2 hr or so the connection would re-authenticate and the users would loose connection to remote software however after a couple of days the connection started doing this for every ten minutes. When i checked the session timeout set on the wlc it was set for half hour and when i did a debug on the client and show detail on the mac the info showed that re-auth timer plus the connection timer was set to 10minutes. Only after I manually disconnected the session and re-connected then the re-auth timers went to the 1/2 hr set. Any ideas why this might be happening.

I disabled the session timeout which sets the re-auth for 24hrs but again when i checked the reauth is counting down once the client remains connected. When the client goes on standby and reconnects the re-authen timer is decreased so I am not sure if this is counting down once the connection is not manually disconnected.

I just want to have a better idea how it works because the customer is due to go into production from next week.

Also everytime the connects de-auth-re-auth the event viewer for the IAS server shows an ldap connection established and all clients connected.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gabriolinari Wed, 06/23/2010 - 09:49

i think we have the same problem, actually check out my thread i just started > https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2028653?tstart=0. and on a side note, a temp fix i have found is that if you keep a streaming readio on the background always ON, like http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live/ then the connection doesn't drop every 10 minutes or so, still disconnects but usually lasts 3-4 hours. not much but better than nothing.

im not able to go into the router settings since im just a guest on this wlan and not the sys admin but i do believe it has something to do with windows 7 as i have this problem only on a win 7 machine. on a win xp machine works pretty good. on the win 7 one the quality of the connection also gets worse with time sometimes. so i have to reconnect....

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network