cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring tone Activation in Call Manager

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have uploaded the ring tones to tftp and the Ringlist.xml. Restarted the TFTP Service and have both restarted the device in Call Manager and a hard reboot to the device. The new ringtones are not being displayed as an option. Can some one let me know if there is something else I need to do. I was told to restart the Device Pool that is assigned to the device. I have done that also and still do not see the new ring tones on the device.

9 Replies 9

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CCM Version 6.1.5

I agree with Chris on this one. The XML looks like it was created with MS Word. That just won't do. Please use a plain text editor like notepad, notepad++, vi, nano, pico, emacs, etc.

I prefer notepad++ because it has syntax highlighting for xml documents. It allows you to match up your tags quickly in a color coded visual style.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It sounds like you have stopped/started/reset everything necessary, so maybe

the problem is with the Ringlist.xml. If you wouldn't mind attaching your Ringlist we could have

a look at it's structure

Configuring a Custom Phone Ring

To create custom phone rings for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G and 7945G, follow these steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Create a PCM file for each custom ring (one ring per file). Ensure the PCM files comply with the format guidelines that are listed in the "PCM File Requirements for Custom Ring Types" section.

Step 2 Upload the new PCM files that you created to the Cisco TFTP server for each Cisco Unified Communications Manager in your cluster. For more information, see the "Software Upgrades" chapter in Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide.

Step 3 Use a text editor to edit the Ringlist.xml file. See the "Ringlist.xml File Format Requirements" section for information about how to format this file and for a sample Ringlist.xml file.

Step 4 Save your modifications and close the Ringlist.xml file.

Step 5 To cache the new Ringlist.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco Unified Serviceability or disable and re-enable the "Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup" TFTP service parameter (located in the Advanced Service Parameters).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/6_1/english/administration/guide/7965cst.html#wp1097651

There is a nice little Step by Step here;

http://www.globalknowledge.com/training/whitepaperdetail.asp?pageid=502&wpid=473&country=United+States

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have attached the Ringlist.xml for your review.

This ringlist does not follow normal standards. It should be something like

Analog Synth 1
  Analog1.raw

Analog Synth 2
  Analog2.raw

NAME
  FILE NAME

I deleted the old ringlist.xml and uploaded the

new one in teh format you have listed above.

I am still not able to see the new ringtones on my phone when I go in and try to select a new one.

chris.warren
Level 1
Level 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Did you try a "text editor" like Notepad as suggested by Jason ?

Cheers!

Rob

What is the ring tone activation?

I have done this before and I do not recall anything having to deal with ringtone activation?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: