cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS in CUCM6 and CRS7

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`v done TAPS in CCM4.X and have search for TAPS for the above SW levels but can not locate anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the UCCX part. They seem to have moved things around and rename things from the docs I have for CRS 3, 4 versions- Many thanks

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The install is in Applications/Plugins in CCMAdmin - Tool for Auto Registered Phone Support. I think they didn't put 'TAPS' in order to try and make it invisible :-)

Once you have installed that on the UCCX server, you get a c:\TAPS folder - this contains a taps.aar file. You upload this through the appadmin interface on UCCX (Application/AAR Management menu).

It auto creates a TAPS app, you assign a number, then you're away... I do seem to recall the docs being a little out of date last time I looked.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I`ve gone through the steps

CUCM

The UCCX already has an Application user for the Call Centre but I created a new TAP App. User and assigned this user as an Administrator in UCCX. I then logged in as TAPS users on UCCX

Down loaded TAPS to the CRS server

UCCX

Run TAPS on the CRS server, the IP address I gave was the CUCM Pub.

Loaded the TAPS script under AAR management

restarted Node manager

Added it as an application

Created a Cisco Termination Dialog Group

Under Subsystems

Created the Call Control group - CTI Ports

Created the telephony Trigger

Did a Data check, Synch

I associated the TAPS devices- Ports and RP to the TAPS user in CUCM

I dial the number but get the "I'm sorry we are currently experiencing system problems and are unable to process your

call. Please try again later"

I did the above but in step 1 on UCCX , changed the IP address to UCCX- One doc states CUCM Pub, another CRS

both times I get the error

Are the steps correct, am I missing any thing , I`m running CUCM 6.1 and

Cisco Application Administration - 7.0(1)SR05

many thanks

Hi

Firstly, you would put in the publisher IP when installing the app.

Did you also enable the TAPS service on the publisher in CCM Serviceability?

If so, make a test call to the TAPS number and post back the MIVR log covering that attempt (c:\program files\cisco\wfavvid\log\mivr)

Regards

Aaron    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I`m attaching two log files on different days while I was testing

The TAPS service was enabled as well

thanks

Hi

In MIVR051 I see:

6334: Jun 25 16:07:14.423 BST %MIVR-APP_MGR-3-TASK_ABORTED:Application task aborted: Application=App[name=TAPS,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,desc=TAPS,enabled=true,max=1,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[schema=ApplicationConfig,time=Fri Jun 25 15:52:13 BST 2010,recordId=18,desc=TAPS,name=TAPS,type=Cisco Script Application,id=1,enabled=true,sessions=1,script=SCRIPT[TAPS.aef],defaultScript=,vars=null,defaultVars=null]]],Application Trigger=ContactApplicationTrigger[time=1277478433408,locale=en_GB,cfg=JTAPITriggerConfig[schema=ApplicationTriggerConfig,time=Fri Jun 25 15:53:41 BST 2010,recordId=8,desc=Cisco JTAPI Trigger,name=7071235,type=Cisco JTAPI Trigger,appName=TAPS,enabled=true,sessions=1,idleTimeout=5000,locale=en_GB,parms={},taskGroups=[],controlClass=class com.cisco.call.CallControlChannel,controlGroupId=0,contactGroups=[GroupInfo[class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel,id=0]],dn=7071235,cmDeviceName=TAPS,cmDeviceInvalid=false,cmDescription=TAPS,cmDevicePoolUUID={3E8EE8ED-8770-EA25-67B1-0F5EA20EACF6},cmDevicePoolName=DP_IPT_MON2,cmCallingSearchSpaceUUID={EBCF1950-7562-EAD7-4D5C-F3CD94D404F5},cmCallingSearchSpaceName=CSS_BNPP_INTERNATIONAL,cmLocationUUID={29C5C1C4-8871-4D1E-8394-0B9181E8C54D},cmLocationName=Hub_None,cmPartitionUUID={37B0F3AC-DBFF-6D96-F00A-F92EBB204D7A},cmPartitionName=PT_BNPP_INTERNAL,cmVoiceMailProfileUUID=,cmVoiceMailProfileName=None,cmCallPickUpGroupUUID=,cmCallPickUpGroupName=,cmDisplay=TAPS,cmExternalPhNumMask=12345XXXXX,cmFwdBusyVM=false,cmFwdBusyDest=,cmFwdBusyCSSUUID=,cmFwdBusyCSSName=None,cmAlertingNameAscii=TAPS 7071235,cmPresenceGroupUUID=ad243d17-98b4-4118-8feb-5ff2e1b781ac,cmPresenceGroupName=Standard Presence group],contact=JTAPICallContact[id=6,implId=13512886/2,state=STATE_ANSWERED_IDX,inbound=true,App name=TAPS,task=18000000008,session=8000000007,seq num=0,cn=7071235,dn=7071235,cgn=7114854,ani=null,dnis=null,clid=null,atype=DIRECT,lrd=null,ocn=7071235,route=RP[num=7071235],TP=700001577]],Task id=18000000008,Task Class=class com.cisco.app.impl.WFWorkflowAppDebugTaskWrapper,Exception=com.cisco.expression.ExpressionTargetException: Connection refused to host: 22.0.81.156; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; nested exception is:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 22.0.81.156; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect (line: 1, col: 94)
6335: Jun 25 16:07:14.423 BST %MIVR-APP_MGR-3-EXCEPTION:com.cisco.expression.ExpressionTargetException: Connection refused to host: 22.0.81.156; nested exception is:

Can you advise what 22.0.81.156 is?

Same errors are in the other file...

Aaron

It is the Primary UCCX,

7114854 is my extension

many thanks

Hi

Are you sure you put the CCM publisher IP when installing TAPS?

The entry goes into a text file, I think it's either in c:\taps or c:\ on the UCCX server; find the file and open it and see what IP is listed for the CCM publisher...

Aaron

I will do it again today and retest and send the files. Are my steps in the earlier

posts correct?

many thanks

Hi

More or less :-)

You don't need to add an extra TAPS user, or log in as any particular admin to install TAPS.

You don't need an extra media/port group to run it.

But, since you are able to dial it, what you have done above probably isn't causing a problem (you get the error prompt, so you are getting to the CTI port).

I think the attemp to install TAPS when you put in the UCCX publisher IP may have left the reference to the IP there, hence the connection error in the logs...

Aaron

I rechecked and recreated the TAPS service

73 was after I reconfirmed the IP address via the TAPS files

74 was when I recreated it from start

TAPS RP 0007

CTI port 700000861

In both instances I`m getting Fast Busy now

I recreated it using only a CTI RP for Taps and reused everything else - media, Control group etc but still get fast busy. i reset the TAPS service and Resynch - all ok

74-new

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: