Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect the remote Desktop through internet to local lan pc

Srinivas N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 10 pcs in a lan, all are having  haveing local ips and i have one public ip laso. now i wanted to connect the remote desktop from internet to my local system.

same concept i saw some where. from internet symply he connected his local system by giving his local ip in remote desktop.

so. for this setup which router or L2 switch i need to use and what is the configuration.

my local ip pool is 192.168.0.2

my public ip is 59.162.199.x series.

Please guide me for this problem, I am eagaly waiting for your help.

Thanks..

Srinivas.

Thanks & Regards, Srinivas. N.
5 Replies 5

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You may like to use any cisco small business cisco router to forward the traffic received on internet port to the internal client, any manageable or non managed switch would suffice.

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have 10 pcs in a lan, all are having  haveing local ips and i have one public ip laso. now i wanted to connect the remote desktop from internet to my local system.

same concept i saw some where. from internet symply he connected his local system by giving his local ip in remote desktop.

so. for this setup which router or L2 switch i need to use and what is the configuration.

my local ip pool is 192.168.0.2

my public ip is 59.162.199.x series.

Please guide me for this problem, I am eagaly waiting for your help.

Thanks..

Srinivas.

Hi Srinivas,

Are you telling from inetrnet person is connecting on local ip address directly, If yes i dont how can be achive you would require to nat that particular system with public ip on rdp port,so that person can rdp on public ip which is natted with local system.

Any low  end router can be used with l2 switches connected to lan pc's

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

djh278778
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The example that you list where you saw someone type a far-end, local IP address into the RDP connection client, could have been using a VPN as well. You would want to use a VPN anyways to protect your data. Any small business Cisco router that supports remote access VPN (software VPN client based) would probably suit you best.

Hello,

Your requirement is very common and what dou you need is the following:

1. You need one router at each place: local and remote.
  2. The VPN connection is stablished between the routers.
  3. The user can access internet and at the same time can access local site network

You can get a configuration example from cisco.com and tehe procedure is very easy.

The router can be a 1801 and you must choose an IOS with SECURITY IPSEC.

I hope you can resolve your requirement.

Sincerely.

Roger

Hi friend,

Thank you very much.

Thanks & Regards, Srinivas. N.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco

Ā