Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 4.X and SIP Trunking

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a CUCM 4.2 and a 4.3 cluster.  Each cluster has a remote site or two hanging off of it. Since the different clusters are the result of an acqusition, there is overlap in the dialplans.  using an ICT we are appending additional digits to the front of the Calling Number but in order to get it to work properly we had to add the digits on the ICT.  Thus we can only add digits for one site, and not the others.  Although this works now, it is not scalable.

What I would like to do is SIP trunks between the 4.x Clusters.  First trunk on port 5060, second on 5061 etc.  I could then use manipulate the digits by send traffic from a specific site down a specific trunk.  The question is, will this work?

Collapsing the clusters into one and upgrading is in the works, but is still a ways out.

Purchasing additional hardware is not an option at this time.

Additional acquisitions are possible which is why this is becoming an issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't follow.  Regardless of protocol, you can establish multiple ICT trunks between one cluster andother clusters.  Meaning, Cluster_A could have an ICT for Cluster_B and a separate one for Cluster_C, etc. etc.  I don't think I follow the need for having multiple ICTs between two clusters.  Can you clarify why you believe that would be necessary?  Maybe provide some examples of what you are trying to overcome?

Thanks,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: