cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no acceleration after stopping and starting wccp

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

I acceleration was working fine between my data center and a branch.  (I was copying files from my data center PC to a PC at the branch).   I wanted to demonstrator how much slower CIFS copies are without acceleration so I stopped wccp on the branch router (no ip wccp 61 redirect-list wae-nme, no ip wccp 62 redirect-list wae-nme).  As expected, the CIFS copies then were much slower.

Then I restarted WCCP (ip wccp 61 redirect-list wae-nme, ip wccp 62 redirect-list wae-nme), BUT now the connection from my workstation at the data center to the branch shows up as pass through.

A show stat conn on the branch NME shows other CIFS connections from other branch hosts, but my PC's connection is stuck in pass through.  How do I get my PC's connection to accelerate again?

All WAAS devices are on 4.1.7.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Tod,

CIFS sessions do a decent job of reconnecting when there is a failure at the transport (TCP) layer.  It's likely that WAAS sees that the connection was already established (your ConnType would be PT In Progress).  You have to close the CIFS session (net use * /delete) and restart the transfer.

Regards,

Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Tod,

CIFS sessions do a decent job of reconnecting when there is a failure at the transport (TCP) layer.  It's likely that WAAS sees that the connection was already established (your ConnType would be PT In Progress).  You have to close the CIFS session (net use * /delete) and restart the transfer.

Regards,

Zach

The net use command worked perfectly.  Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: