Views
Helpful
Replies

proof of play not working, short video length

federico cossu
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i'm still here working with these nice boxes, i got 2 problems.

1. proof of play isn't working, when i click on the "proof of play" tab,  "Data is currently not available.  Please check back later." is the message i see. what can be the problem? please note that when i deploy something with "play in the future" tab, i can generate the report on the .xls file. i would like to have the same report but from the proof of play tab.
  2. video length, i've uploaded an mpeg2 video file but it is displayed onyl for few seconds. please note that this happens also when i directly play for it via the DMP web interface "Play Media File Stored Locally" gives the same result. any idea?

DMP 5.2 4400

DMM 5.2

thank you all!

3 Replies 3

ocholet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem with Proof Of Play.

I have configured my DMP 4400 (5.2.2) with this command :

init.syslog=on&init.syslog_collector=<DMM_routable_IP>&mib.save=1&mng.reboot=1
NTP is activated and syslog is connected with my DMM Ip adress.
However I already have this error :

Data is currently not available.  Please check back later.

Somebody to helping solve this problem ?

Best Regards,

Olivier

Oliver,

Couple of things :

1) The DMP and DMM "must" be running same code version. Please verify this.

2) The message typically means that the proof of play is configured but none of the

playlist/ins

ertion have been sent to the DMPs after the POP was enabled.

3) 
Create a playlist in which the "Proof of Play" option was set to true.

You can either create a Playlist for testing or an Insertion. The details can be located
at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/dmm/user/guide/signs/p
roof.html#wp2140001
Once you have created the playlist, Just push it to the DMPs on which the Syslog is configured and NTP is enabled.  Wait for couple of minutes and then check the Dashboard.
Let me know.

Sagar Dhanrale

sdhanral,

Thank you for your answer.

1) The DMP and DMM "must" be running same code version. Please verify this. -> I did the upgrade just now

2) The message typically means that the proof of play is configured but none of the playlist/insertion have been sent to the DMPs after the POP was enabled. -> I confirm than playlist were configured and PoP was configured too.

3) Create a playlist in which the "Proof of Play" option was set to true -> Pop was set to true.

I don't know why this morning, PoP is functionnal.

I had already followed the guide you sent me, but wan't functional before this morning.

I wiil see with the upgrade if it's better and I wiil let you know.

Thank you again for your answer.

Best regards,

Olivier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: