I am going to attach a drawing and offer up a challenge to anyone who wants to solve it. I have two ways on how to make it work.
So here is the scenario.
1) This is a transit network. That means there are objects that circumnavigate a known path along tracks.
2) There is already an infrastructure of fiber connected to Cisco ONSs at OC-48 speeds
3) Hanging off the ONS are 6 Cisco 6509 Chassis
4) Hanging off the 6509 Chassis are Cisco 3560 switches
5) Hanging off the 3560 switches are Cisco Wireless Access Points
6) The objects circumnavigating the tracks have a Cisco Wireless Access Point and a Cisco 3560 switch to connect equipment on board
7) The Wireless access points are managed by a WISM on the 6509s
8) Wireless Antenna are spread along the track so that the vehicle has constant contact with the network
9) There are multiple VLANs in the Primary and Backup Data Centers
10) The is just one VLAN on the vehicle
11) The equipment on the vehicle needs to communicate to the data center and to other vehicles
12) Each vehicle has a need for 16 hosts
The question I have (or the challenge) is to figure out how the vehicles can maintain constant contact with the rest of the network. The data center configuration is more or less done. It challenge is figuring out how to subnet and route and/or bridge the trains to keep in contact with the rest of the network while it switches from one access point to another and from one 6509 backbone switch to another.
What are your thoughts?