Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 7.1.2 + long transfer delay

COMMpact001
Level 1
Level 1

hi @ all,

i configured a route pattern "0?" because i want that everything you dial should go to the pstn. now i have the problem that i have a delay of about 15 seconds if i want to transfer a call to an other internal phone. does anybody has an idea for me?

12 Replies 12

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

0? would be an odd pattern to allow dialing to all PSTN destinations as the "?" means zero or more occurences of the preceding digit.  At least, in CUCM land it does.

In either case, your 15 second delay is coming from the T302 timer, a.k.a. interdigit timeout.  You can adjust this timer under the Call Manager service parameters.  The default value is 15000ms.  You can drop it as low as 3000ms, I wouldn't recommend going below 5000ms.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Generally if you are using 0 as a prefix to the PSTN, you wouldn't use 0 as a leading digit for anything else. Otherwise you get these timeouts, which you can reduce as Bill suggested, but not eliminate...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi william,

thanks for your answer. ok i need a pattern that route out to the pstn. if i dial 0170XXXXXX od if i dial 0395XXXXXX or if i dial 567890. hav you an idaea for a better pattern? is there a way to tell the ccm that it should match internal dn befor using the route pattern?

Set the T302 as suggested then create route patterns

if your PSTN access is leading digit 0 then you either do a generic 0! which will cover everything until the user stops entering digits and then it wait until the T302 has expired unless the user finishes enter the digit with a # - you do not need to add the # as the end as CUCM looks for this automatically

or work out what your local, national digits  lengths are and match them

• Local 8 digits then create a route pattern of  0.XXXXXXXX
  • National 11 digits then 0.XXXXXXXXXXX

• Internationally a little bit more complicated as some countries such as Germany, Italy, Luxembourg do not have fixed length's so maybe best to go with 0.!

Alternatively make use of the national dial plan you can down load from Cisco for your location. CUCM will look at all diigts and filter then out by Parttions and DN match so as long as your internal numbers do not start with 0 then you should not have any delay unless you overlap elsewhere

hope it helps

@iptuser55

hi and thanks for your answer. the fact with the timer i know but is there no way to tell the ccm to look first for internal dns befor using the route pattern?

What is your set up ? CUCM will always go to the closest, Longest match so if you have DN and Route as

0.1234xxxx  and a DN of 01234 It will go to the DN first as this closest or if you have 0.1234T it will wait until the T302 is expired before going to the DN. When there is an exact match such as 01234 then  it will look as the priority of the partitons in the CSS. It depends on your design

No, CUCM just knows they're all patterns and treats them the same way.

It tries to look for the best match, if there is overlapping it'll wait for you to press # or the IDT to expire.

Avoiding Overlap of Extension Dialing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/dialplan.html#wp1043611

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

I have one idea i guess, not sure its the best answer though so Bill or Java correct me. Depending on the model of phones you are using, i believe anything better than a 7960 will support enbloc dialing. So if you have zero set for an operators extension and some extensions (or dial plans) begin with a zero you could try dialing your entire digit string first then hit the "Dial" softkey or pickup the handset and then the phone sends all digits to call manager instead of one digit at a time. Give that a try as it may be your only option with overlapping dialplans.

You really don't send the whole phone number, you still send one digit at a time for digit analysis but this way of dialing tells CUCM you won't be dialing anything else so it can go ahead and find the best match with whatever digits it has to work with.

This has the same effect as pressing # after you finish dialing.

Most people are not used to dialing this way but this is another solution.

Now, the above only applies when the phone is idle.

This is for a transfer so you cannot do that.

You press transfer and is the same as picking up the handset, you get dial tone and it waits for you to input the digits.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As far as DN overlaps.  We do not know if the OP actually has an overlap.  The basic question is that he wants to transfer calls to On Net and Off Net locations.  When transferring calls On Net, he wants to know if he has to deal with a delay.

Getting back to that question.  If the On Net extension range does NOT begin with a "0" then there is no overlap.  So, then you only need to ensure that the CSS of the device/line can see your OffNet pattern (0! in our current example) and the partition with your phone line DNs.  Or, if you are like me and need to expand On Net abbreviating dialing digits to a flat address space, then you can use a translation pattern.

Though, it sounds to me that you may not have a very complicated internaal dial plan.  More information would be needed to provide any more value.

Again, if your internal extensions do not begin with a "0" then you should be golden (given the assumption we have all pertinent information).

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

hi william,

first, i only use the default partition - no other partitions. second - our internal dn range is 100-299. if i want it call off net i want to call only 03056860 or 0171XXXXXXXX. if i want to call inside my town i dont want to dial the 0395 - i only want to dial 3456780. now i write a route pattern 0! so that all calls beginning with a 0 will be routed out. further more i will write a translation patter XXXX! that dial a prefix 0395 for calls inside my town. so the route pattern should match and the problem should be solved.

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Totally misread the original, oops.