Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk UDP Update

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have over 3000 User Device Profiles that need the User Hold MOH Audio Source field changed back to <none>  on CUCM 7.13

Can't seem to find an easy to do a bulk update for UDPs - is this not possible or am i missing something obvious?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

It is a terrible thing.

The only way I've found to address this is via the AXL API, or by being evil and directly updating the DB.

A while back I posted a rudimentary tool that can do this sort of thing for you  - see my post : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3036771#3036771

Essentially the input CSV file you would need would have two entries for each UDP:

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPDAVE1234,networkHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPDAVE1234,userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPSALLY1235,networkHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPSALLY1235,userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

etc

A lot of lines, but you should be able to whip this up in Excel easy enough - by exporting all UDP names from CCM if you like, or a subset, or whatever. You may find it easier to create two files with one line for each UDP, and then search/replace networkHold for userHold, and run the two files seperately.

Oh - and always do a single-line input file first to verify your spelling/results.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi

Yeah, that would have been tricky :-)

Here's a slight edit; the last param can now be left blank whereas before it would generate an error.

So to set none:

updateDeviceProfile,name,russell,userLocale,

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

Under Bulk Administration there's User Device Profiles -> Addu/Update Lines -> Update Lines... 

Hi,

Yeah i understand that but i don't need to update the line.......i need to update the Device Profile itself.

Hi

It is a terrible thing.

The only way I've found to address this is via the AXL API, or by being evil and directly updating the DB.

A while back I posted a rudimentary tool that can do this sort of thing for you  - see my post : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3036771#3036771

Essentially the input CSV file you would need would have two entries for each UDP:

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPDAVE1234,networkHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPDAVE1234,userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPSALLY1235,networkHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

updateDeviceProfile,name,UDPSALLY1235,userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,2

etc

A lot of lines, but you should be able to whip this up in Excel easy enough - by exporting all UDP names from CCM if you like, or a subset, or whatever. You may find it easier to create two files with one line for each UDP, and then search/replace networkHold for userHold, and run the two files seperately.

Oh - and always do a single-line input file first to verify your spelling/results.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron,

That does the trick perfectly!!!!!! Your help is priceless.......by putting the userHoldMOHAudioSourceId,0 field in i can get everyone back to in their profile & now just change the default MoH in service parameters. Job done!!

Cheers

Aaron,

Actually one last question about extracting all the UDP names - is there a command i can run from CLI to do this? Or can i extract them from the GUI?

Cheers

Hi

Happy my dubious coding skills have helped you out :-)

You can go into the Bulk Admin, there's an export/import function. This can export most things into a .tar file, unzip that and it contains a CSV.

You can select then from the DB as an alternative, if your UDPs are named something obvious you could use:

Run sql select name from device where name like 'UDP%'

Run sql select name from device where name like '%UDP%'

(the % is a wildcard)

Or try this, and see if the results look sensible (254 should enumerate to 'Device Profile' according to google)

Run sql select name from device where tkclass = 254

(if it complains about syntax try putting '254' in single quotes - sorry, not near a CCM at the moment).

Regards

Aaron

Bulk Admin - i should have known that....thanks again

Hi Aaron,

Trying to do the same thing but with the User Locale in the UDP. I need to change them all back to or to English United States from English United Kingdom. Can't seem to get it to work though

Thanks

Russell

I am trying "updatePhone,name,russell,UserLocale,0

- it says it competes successfully but the Locale doesn't change

Hi

Appropriate input would be :

updateDeviceProfile,name,russell,userLocale,English United States

It's a different call (updateDeviceProfile) for UDPs, name should refer to the UDP name (i.e. the UDP is called russell in this case) and the 'userLocale' field to update is case sensitive.

AXL likes to positively acknowledge lots of stuff that doesn't actually work; it's very helpful like that.

Regards

Aaron

Thanks Aaron. Do you know how to get it back to - as this is really what i am after.......

Many many many thanks again

Russell

Hi

Yeah, that would have been tricky :-)

Here's a slight edit; the last param can now be left blank whereas before it would generate an error.

So to set none:

updateDeviceProfile,name,russell,userLocale,

Regards

Aaron

Aaron,

Thank you once again.......you are a life saver!!!!! I'd give you 20+ if i could

Russell

Hi

Glad it worked for you :-)

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: