cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable part of ASDM?

Kimberly Adams
Level 3
Level 3

Can you disable all of ASDM except for the Monitoring piece?  I keep trying to find information on this but am not able to locate it if it is possible at all.  Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ASDM is using commands to pull information and configure the ASA. So the users and their levels that apply to the ASA are the same for CLI and A

SDM. In other words priv 3, 5 and 15 segmentation is enforced with command authorization to make ASDM be able to view configs, monitor or configure. And the same privileges will hold for the same users when they try to use CL:I.

I hope it makes sense.

PK

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use users of priv level 3. These guys can only use the monitoring functions.

Level 5 can view config but not change it, also and 15 can configure.

I hope it helps.

PK

PK,

Thank you for your response.  I am looking for something a little more specific.  We are working on deploying TACACS for CLI access to our 5540s, but when ASDM is launched, is there a way to only allow priv 3 or priv 5 for just that application but not affect CLI?

Thanks,

Kimberly

ASDM is using commands to pull information and configure the ASA. So the users and their levels that apply to the ASA are the same for CLI and A

SDM. In other words priv 3, 5 and 15 segmentation is enforced with command authorization to make ASDM be able to view configs, monitor or configure. And the same privileges will hold for the same users when they try to use CL:I.

I hope it makes sense.

PK

PK,

Thanks again for your assistance with this.  +5 for being helpful! 

Kimberly

Glad it makes sense

Regards,

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card