Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh with Ethernet Bridging

tdorsey123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm running a 2106 with version 6.0.196.0.  I'm running a couple indoor 1131s on it for regular client access successfully, but my problem is with trying to Ethernet Bridge Wireless Mesh two 1522s.  I have placed the 1522 MAC addresses in the MAC Filter. I have Ethernet Bridging radio set on both the RAP and the MAP.  I have the RAP and MAP connecting(They see each other as AWAPP neighbors, I can ping the MAP from the wired LAN, and it registers to the WLC, but I can't seem to bridge through these APs.  I tried setting the Switchport attached to the RAP as an access port were the WLC and other APs sit as well as tried trunking it, making that same WLC vlan the native vlan.  I also tried creating a separate AP group for the 1522s...no joy.  Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

abersven
Level 1
Level 1

Indoor WLAN and outdoor mesh is not supported on the same WLC at the same time.

So you cannot mix 1131s and 1522s on the same controller.

Regards,

André

Thanks Andre,

But it turns out you are wrong.  You can in fact run them together.   I'm running a pair of 1522s  with ethernet bridging as well as a combination of 1252s and 1131s on the same 2106 running version 6.0.196.  My problem was improper setting for Ethernet Birdging/VLAN Transparent.(It needed to be enabled.  Thanks though for the input.

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: