cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIMG Upgrade OK?

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity Connection version 7.1.2ES9.21900-9 with x6 analog PIMGs (DMG1008LS) running software version 6.0.1.21.  About once a week a port goes bad on a PIMG.  Can not always restart a PIMG to fix, although does not alway remedy, so I have AT&T busy the bad port.  I see there is a new version of software up on the Cisco website, version 6.0.SU3.2.  Is it ok to load on Unity Connection V 7.1?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Beth,

Yes, I would feel safe using this new version (as Tray notes in the

attached thread the versions don't post until they have been tested

with the Cisco UC products).

I would also look at the Bug that Tommer nicely notes that references the Port

Lock-ups. And the need to upgrade to Unity Connection 7.1(3x)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3010391#3010391

Cheers!

Rob

Ron,

Thanks so much for the prompt response. We have been suffering with PIMGs for a year now. We are moving users to VoIP but will probably have to keep one PIMG in the end. I hope to do the upgrade this weekend.

Beth

Hi Ron,

Not trying to be too paranoid but I noticed there is an extra file in this version, ls_6.0.SU3.2.002.pkg.  Is this new with 6.0SU3.2?

Thanks again!

Beth

Hey Beth,

No worries

The *.pkg file is a package file that is a bundle of all of the runtime files associated with the new release for the specific model. This file allows the user to upgrade all of the runtime models (e.g. *.app, *,dsp, *.fsh, etc.) with the download of a single file. Note: This file can only be used when upgrading from a unit that is running Version 6.0 or greater.

Cheers!

Rob