Views
Helpful
Replies

Change UCCX Server IP Address

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am installing UCCX 7 with HA for a customer. They are planning to change their IP addressing scheme next year so the IP address of the UCCX server will be changed.

The UCCX admin guide states that I will have to either re-install CAD for each agent or use PostInstall.exe to modify the IP address -see page 326 at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/configuration/guide/uccx70ag.pdf

Is there no easier way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you can find a way to push a change to each PCs registry you should be able to change HKLM\Software\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup. You will see the old IP addresses in there now, so just write a script to change these on all agent PCs. This is basically what is changed when you modify PostInstall.exe and it is how we change which UCCX server our CAD machines are pointing to in the lab.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not that I am aware of.  I have used the postinstall.exe with success.  Note that the UCCX admin guide actually recommends a complete reinstall to be the "most correct" method.  Lame?  Yes, very.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you can find a way to push a change to each PCs registry you should be able to change HKLM\Software\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup. You will see the old IP addresses in there now, so just write a script to change these on all agent PCs. This is basically what is changed when you modify PostInstall.exe and it is how we change which UCCX server our CAD machines are pointing to in the lab.

Thanks guys,

Not allowing DNS names for servers is very lame but I guess (hope!) that there is a solid technical reason for this. If all Postinstall does is make some changes to the registry I will discuss with the customer what tools they have available to modify these settings.

Strangely there are five LDAP host settings in the Registry - I wonder what would happen if I left the old two as set and then populated the next 3 and 4 with the new server Ip addresses? - one for the lab I guess.

Thanks again

That is really due to the overlap between Express CAD and Enterprise CAD, both made by the same company. In Enterprise CAD, more than 2 CAD servers can be defined for each agent. I am not sure what would happen if you put incorrect IPs in the first two and valid ones in three and four, but if you try it out, let me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: