cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS deployment

bryantsteve
Level 1
Level 1

Zach I am  upgrading my satellite network of eight  C2811 routers from existing packet accelerator device  to WAE-502 modules using WCCP. Do I also need WAVE appliance for this deployment and if so which model, add-ons and licenses would  I need?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

At a minimum you will need an external appliance to function as the WAAS Central Manager.  For a deployment of this size, the smallest appliance (WAVE-274) will be fine.

Where are the servers/applications located that these sites will be communicating with?

Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

At a minimum you will need an external appliance to function as the WAAS Central Manager.  For a deployment of this size, the smallest appliance (WAVE-274) will be fine.

Where are the servers/applications located that these sites will be communicating with?

Zach

bryantsteve
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I'll add a WAVE-274 to the order. Each site has a Microsoft 2003 Domain Controller that communicates with a primary central controller which provides Antivirus and Windows updates and domain synchronization. files sharing is done between all the sites and the system admin remotely accesses DCs to perform admin tasks such as pw resets and SSH to network devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: