Views
Helpful
Replies

media flow-through command is not shown in the running config

anildevassy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring a voice gateway, and have added the media flow-through command in the dial peer, the IOS takes the command, but when I give the sh run it is not shown under dialpeer, but the same is shown under the sh dial peer voice command. Any suggessions!!!

Thanks and Regards

Anil

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I think this command is like a default, so it isn't shown in the configuration.

If you enter media flow-around, do you see that? If so, then you put in media flow-through again and it disappears this confirms it.

From the command ref:

media

To enable media packets to pass directly between the endpoints, without the intervention of the IP-to-IP gateway (IPIPGW), use the media command in dial-peer, voice-class, or voice-service configuration mode. To return to the default IPIPGW behavior, use the no form of this command.

media [flow-around | flow-through | statistics]

no media [flow-around | flow-through | statistics]

Syntax Description

flow-around

Enables media packets to pass directly between the endpoints, without the intervention of the IP-to-IP gateway (IPIPGW) The media is to flow around the gateway.

flow-through

Enables media packets to pass through the endpoints, without the intervention of the IPIPGW.

statistics

Media monitoring is enabled.

Command Default

The default behavior of the IP-to-IP gateway is to receive media packets from the inbound call leg, terminate them, and then reoriginate the media stream on an outbound call leg.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron!  Do you know what version IOS this is supported on. I thought maybe flow around was only supported in 15.x is that right?

Also note the command description doesn't make sens:

flow-around

#

Enables  media packets to pass directly between the endpoints, without the  intervention of the IP-to-IP gateway (IPIPGW) The media is to flow  around the gateway.

#

flow-through

#

Enables media packets to pass through the endpoints, without the intervention of the IPIPGW.

Text in bold Should be "through the IPIPGW".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: