Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network slowness in Particular vlan for particular remote application

Friends,

We have more than 40 vlans in our switch. Users are connectes in access switch.

In Particular vlan (eg : 45) they are accessing some servers/application hosted in US. they are facing slownees in particularaly that time. If they accessing india servers and other servers .. it's all fine.

Even other teams are accessing other server which hosted US in same datacenter they dont find any issues. Pls help to fix it..

How can check whether problem in my side.. what i need to check.. and where ..

Connectivity

Bangalore ------>(Domestic MPLS) Mumbai ---------> US MPLS(MPLS)

2 Replies 2

Hi Sarvan,

1. did you check load on your Bangalore router & remote end router WAN interface?

(as you mentioned Bloore users accessing remote applications hosted in US datacenter)

2. if load is fine, then you need to check QoS settings, policing BW for that class(COS3 or COS4) and drops for that class

Cheers

Sanjeev

Hi Sarvan,

I think you consider the following:

1. If your switch manage NETFLOW analize the application and conversations between both ends, looking for application with hig vulnerabilites.
  2. locate in the same vlan of the users with problems and make a measure of delay between both ends.
  3. make a trace route to find which path has a high delay.

Waiting the result of your test.

Attentively.

Roger Majo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco