cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD using CIPC on CCX V8

reillyjj
Level 4
Level 4

When trying to login to CAD to an agent with a CIPC phone, I get an error message that states "you cannot login because the phone is IPv6 enabled". We don't use IPv6. Is there a way to turn this off on the CIPC?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Just a shot in the dark... Try disabling IPv6 in your network protocol stack on your PC.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

My computers are using XP with no ipv 6

Hi,

This is a new issue where CUCM is sending a null for the IPV4 field thus CAD thinks the device is using IPV6. Are the agents using Extension Mobility?

CSCti18636 Extension Mobility user can't login as UCCX  CAD Agent.

You can review more details about the bug through the bug toolkit on cco - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

Regards,

Joe

thanks for the update.  I have been workign tac on this and file that bug on my behalf.  But the work around they have posted does not work.

At this point you can use EM and UCXX running version 8.

Can you please calrify your last statement?  It's confusing.

Can you use EM with Desk Phones on CUCM/UCCX 8?

Can you use EM with CIPC on CUCM/UCCX 8?

Is this an issue with CUCM or UCCX?

Hi

I hit a very similar issue to this today; after upgrade from 6.1 to 8.0(3a) of CCM and 8.0(2) of UCCX I couldn't log in to CAD. Oddly if I reset the phone while the 'IPV6 not supported' error and then hit retry it allowed login, which meant I thought it was fixed and didn't troubleshoot it further...(I had set a Common Device config on the phone which enforced IPV4-only mode, so I thought that had fixed it).  This affected both 7962/7911 phones.

Later when I noticed it had not been resolved, I had started an upgrade to 8.0(2)ES1, and had also triggered a JTAPI sync prior to that; so either getting the proper version of JTAPI or upgrading to 8.0(2)ES1 resolved it in my case.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the update Aaron.

So as far as we know, in UCCX 8.0(2) ES1:

Desk Phone + EM + CAD works

and

CIPC + CAD works

Correct?

Hi

Well - Deskphones with or without EM, yes... this customer doesn't use CIPC so couldn't test that.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: