cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set RAID 1 in C200-M1

leninvs2502
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anybody know how to set RAID1 in UCS C200-M1?

Thanks in advance

Lenin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go into the BIOS of the server and disable quiet boot.  Once this is done reboot the server and enter the LSI config during the boot process.  I think it is a ctrl-S to get into the LSI config.  Once you are in the LSI config you can set the RAID level for the drives.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ccietrainee1
Level 1
Level 1

Do let me know the type of RAID controller being used.

Ram

Thanks for replying ccietrainee1, I've got a C200-M1 with two local disks, 140GB each one, and I want to set RAID 1 between them, how can I see the type of RAID controller in the server or do I have to install it?

I really appreciate your help

Go into the BIOS of the server and disable quiet boot.  Once this is done reboot the server and enter the LSI config during the boot process.  I think it is a ctrl-S to get into the LSI config.  Once you are in the LSI config you can set the RAID level for the drives.

Thanks a lot jdrurycisco,

I'm using ESX 4.0 Update1, Do I have to reinstall it after change to RAID 1 or it's not necessary?

Very grateful

Lenin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card