Views
Helpful
Replies

wap4410n - Access point rejects the username and password

hamishhenderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently I have purchased two brand new wap4410n access points.

I have connected my computer directly to one of the access points, and attempted to connect to the Web Configuration utility through my web browser.

I'm using a: 09' MacBook Pro, running Snow Leopard and Safari 5.

I can access the login screen of the access point, although when I enter the default username: admin and password admin, the login screen returns an error: Invalid username and/or password (or something to that effect). The URL changes to: http://192.168.1.245/login.htm&no=3.

I have reset the device by holding in the reset button for thirty seconds, powered down, powered up and re-attempted to login.

I still get the same error as above.

I have attempted to access the Web Configuration utility on both access points, and both access points provide the same error. I have also tried using the username: cisco and password: cisco.

Cisco, when contacted, said both access points must be faulty and I should replace them.

The probability of such an occurrence happening with two devices seems very low, and leads me to think there must be other factors at play. The only constant I can think of is the fact I'm using the same computer to access the devices.

Can anyone provide any insight?

Regards,

Hamish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lchesno
Level 1
Level 1

When accessing the log in screen try using Google Crome or Firefox. With the latest version on Safari we are seeing a rejection at the log in screen.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lchesno
Level 1
Level 1

When accessing the log in screen try using Google Crome or Firefox. With the latest version on Safari we are seeing a rejection at the log in screen.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Funnily enough I had deduced that it must be something with my computer because the probability of two devices not working seemed so low.

I plugged in a Windows PC, accessed the device through IE8 (or 7) and it worked.

Strange how on my Mac I could get to the login screen but it would not accept my username or password.

Thanks again,

Hamish

Mr. Henderson, you mentioned that you called into the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Were you given a case number and/or do your recall the name of the agent  that worked with you. I would like to follow-up with them on your issue.

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

Wireless and Surveillance SME

1-866-606-1866

Softpower
Level 1
Level 1

Fine but if your not allowed to install chrome or firefox then returning the device is the only option I guess.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: